Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare SS Proficiency Motor School Award

Article about: This is cool. I have seen something similar from what appears to be the same motor school. It has the same stamp but it isn't as elaborate. This is what this certificate said translated... D

greg koepp
    ?

Default Rare SS Proficiency Motor School Award

OK First off myself and Christopher Ailsby (Warlord) have been looking and researching this rare SS Proficiency Award for the SS Motor School for a bit. I was lucky to find someone who had one I could pick up. This is a very rare and unknown Award in the collecting world as of today, It's a large size 19x28 inches, it came issued in a cardboard shipping tube like some other Award Documents of the time. This one came with both the Document and shipping tube minus one end cap, BUT I had the other end cap that I'd collected many years ago so completed the tube, as it were. The shipping tube is made out to the Awarded SS man with His SS Rank and Name, also another Officers name who shipped it or handed him the Award Document is on the upper right. I have had a few people help out with translating and running down other information on Warlords Site. (GastonVrolings, Platoz,) if missed anyone sorry.

But this is one of (3) Differant I've found and this is the SS Master Letter, the highest of the three found so far.

With the help of the others named this is whats been found out about this SS Proficiency Award:
    A "Meisterbrief" (Master letter) comes from the medieval closed societies of craftsmanship people. (The guilds). Since the dark ages you were not allowed to have a certain profession without it. You had to be trained by a master for years to learn a certain job. For example shoemaker, carpenter, baker, etc. To be able to work self-employed in the traditional way, it was demanded to pass a Masterstest. You had to make a piece that was outstanding. For example a sculptor had to make an outstanding sculpture of exceptional beauty. So in short: he who wants to learn a certain subject has to let himself be schooled first as a pupil till mate, and only after making a masterpiece the mate gets to use the title "Master".

Translation:

SS Master letter

According to this document,
    SS Stürmman Janssen Johann,
    born 1.2.1912 in Esens
    Has completed the SS master test -
    By this he has the right to use the title of SS-master in Motor Vehicle craft

Vienna, 20.2.1943

The commander of the SS school,
    Neblich,
    SS OberFührer,
    -----------------------------------
    The surrounding writings:

"Wer leben will der kämpfe also - und wer nicht streiten will in dieser welt des ewigen ringens, verdient das leben nicht".

translation:

"He who wants to live also fights, and he who doesn't want to fight in this world of eternal struggle, doesn't deserve to live".

----------------------------------
    The outer writing is in Hitler's book Mein Kampf. It was a central thought in his ideology.
    ----------------------------------
    Information on the School:
    This is a review of Brehends, dose this shed any light on the Viena school?

On 27 January 1937 he becomes staff leader of the “people-German central place” (VOMI) and he dresses this Positionn by 15 April 1943. The VOMI coordinated the activities of the different “people-German” movements in borderlands such as Poland, Slovakia, Luxembourg and the Elsaß, organized murder and act of terrorism ions, provided “people lists” and beaufsichtigete in and Umwanderzentralen. On 8 February 1940 the black corps appeared the praising article of “SS-men in the SS-organ, whereupon we are proud”:

“(VOMI) the employment staff Lodsch works with no less than four SS-leaders. For its 47 camps 28 SS-leaders and Unterführer are to it at the disposal. Only one example: The camp forest refuge, which daily 6,000 - 8,000 humans accommodates and cares for, by a SS-leader and a SS-Unterführer from the earth was literally stamped”.

Apart from this activity it takes still further posts. So it is since March 1939 member of the Reichstag, in the realm sport guidance realm specialized office technical for fencing and swimming and business-prominent vice-president of the national union for the Deutschtum abroad. On 20 April 1937 the transport takes place at the same time to the SS-Oberführer and to the SS-Untersturmführer of the reserve of the weapon SS. From 1 June 1940 by 15 June 1940 it participates as reserve Offizie of the weapon SS in the war against France in the Ith department of the SS-artillery-regiment of the SS-order-division. On 1 January 1941 it is carried to the SS-Brigadeführer. Further it was occasional member in the circle of friends Reichsführer SS.

On 1 April 1943 the appointment as the SS-Obersturmführer of the reserve of the weapon SS takes place. On 15 April 1943 by 5 May 1943 it becomes in the context of the weapon SS the strength-drivingtechnical - institute in Vienna kommandiert. From 5 May 1943 to 18 June “the realm” was with the SS-tank-infantryman-Divison, where it completed a leader training course at the armored troops school Wunstorf also from 10 May to 5 June.

From 18 June 1943 by 1 October 1943 it is kommandiert to 10th SS-tanks the infantryman division “Karl the large one” (later in “Frundsberg” renamed). From 15 September 1943 to 30 September it fulfills the position as a staff leader with the realm commissioner for strengthening German nationality.

From 1 October to 13 October it serves with the Vth SS-GebirgsjägerKorps. Starting from 13 October he becomes a section sergeant with the 13. SS-volunteer division in Croatia, where it remains by 9 November, with which it is carried to the SS-Hauptsturmführer of the reserve (weapon SS). To the Vth SS-Gebirgsjägerkorps returns to 9 November until 12 January 1944, around then again by 15 April (March?) to 13. To return SS-Gebirgsjäger-division, which carries the name “hand crowd” now. To the SS-Sturmbannführer of the reserve (weapon SS) the transport takes place on 12 January 1944 for it.

To 15. March 1944 it is promoted the major general of the police and appointed the higher SS and police leaders for Serbia, Montenegro and the Sandschak with headquarters in Belgrade, on 1 August 1944 to the SS-group leader and lieutenant general of the police. It held this function, where he was involved against the Yugoslav resistance in numerous actions, by October 1944, in order to then return to the SS-Führerreserve. From 30 January 1945 he was appointed until May 1945 the higher SS and Polizeifüherer of “east country and soot land north”.

On 5 July 1945 it places in Flensburg and in south Wales, Bridgend in Iceland farm Special Camp 11 under the number 560,294 to the British agencies interns itself.

On 16 April 1946 its distribution at Yugoslavia takes place. There it is hung there on 4 December 1948 in Belgrade (its family as death date another version published, their inkorrektes date is often indicated).
    -----------------------
    Information on the Signer of the School, Also to note is all the Documents I have seen have the Rank of the SS Officer changed with the same blue paper as the document, it's glued over his older rank.

NEBLICH, Walther
    (1895 - 19 )
    SS-Brigadeführer und Generalmajor der Waffen-SS:
    Born: 25. May 1895.
    Died:
    NSDAP-Nr.: 3 272 377
    SS-Nr.: 340 781
    Promotions:
    SS-Brigadeführer und Generalmajor der Waffen-SS: 30. Jan. 1944
    SS-Oberführer:
    Career:
    Kdr. SS-K.T. Lehranstalt: (9. Nov. 1944)
    Decorations & Awards:
    1914 Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz I. Klasse ohne Schwerter
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz II. Klasse ohne Schwerter
    Verwundetenabzeichen, 1918 in SchwarzR Ehrenkreuz fur Frontkampfer
    Landesorden
    Totenkopfring der SS
    ----------------------------

So I hope you guys enjoy the Award Document as much as I do, it's a very interesting one and not seen often if at all. OH a side note is the only known badge is one that Warlord owns, it's a gold badge in the design of a Eagle with Wrench with the front end of a Staff car in the lower part of the badge, then a Sword going down the middle. Like the top of the Document design.

Again thanks for the help by other collectors, if not for them it would be very diffacult to get where we are.

thanks Greg Koepp
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Proficiency Motor School Award   Rare SS Proficiency Motor School Award  

Rare SS Proficiency Motor School Award   Rare SS Proficiency Motor School Award  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Rare SS Proficiency Motor School Award

This is cool. I have seen something similar from what appears to be the same motor school. It has the same stamp but it isn't as elaborate. This is what this certificate said translated... Do you know anything about it?

Evidence of formal qualifications
    the SS Usha. Hans Guenther
    born 30/12/1921
    was educated in a special training for the automotive school of the SS in automotive maintenance.
    He is thus able to carry out this work.
    the commander
    the automotive school of the SS

Neblich
    SS brigade leader
    Vienna, The 17/06/1944

Here, to put a face to the document is the entrance to the motor school in Vienna.
    d'alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Proficiency Motor School Award  

Thanks for the image of the motor school. I have done some searching on the internet for more information on the school, but all I get is confused. I am not sure if I am seeing that there were multiple motor schools in Vienna or if they are all one in the same.

See this link Axis History Forum • View topic - Location of Kraftfahrschule in Wien

I'd like to personally document more about the school if possible...

Thanks,
    Richard

Here are another two rooms from the school. I'm afraid that nothing in my files gives an exact address in Vienna which, in itself, would indicate only one establishment.
    d'alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Proficiency Motor School Award  

Thanks for sharing the pictures. How do you know that these pictures are from the inside of the motor school?

They are contained in the handbook for the school.
    d'alquen

Wow - that is awesome!! Thanks again for sharing. Where are you located? I am in the US.

Here is the certificate that I have seen. Can you tell me anything about it? I would think it has to be from the same motor school.

Thanks!

Thank you for posting the certificate. it appears your man passed a course in vehicle repair. He probably took his course in one of these halls.
    d'alquen