Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reading German handwriting and identifying Generalarbeitsfuhrer signature

Article about: Hello, A fellow colleuge and friend of mine has been able to get his hands on a copy of 'Das Reich', the version as was given out in 1940. Inside was this written note from a generalarbeitsf

?

Default Reading German handwriting and identifying Generalarbeitsfuhrer signature

Hello,

A fellow colleuge and friend of mine has been able to get his hands on a copy of 'Das Reich', the version as was given out in 1940. Inside was this written note from a generalarbeitsfuhrer and his signature. We are trying to identify who this arbeitsfuhrer is and we would love to be able to get someone to take a look at the rest of the note for us and write it down, neither of us can really read it with our little knowledge of old German handwriting.

Hopefully someone will be able to help us out!

Reading German handwriting and identifying Generalarbeitsfuhrer signature

Regards,
    Bas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reading German handwriting and identifying Generalarbeitsfuhrer signature
    P
    Many

Thanks for the message Bas, I am the fellow friend Bas is talking about. It would be amazing to find out who this Generalarbeitsführer is. But unfortunately I didn't succeed on my own. That's why we ask here for further information. If there are any questions you're free to send me a message, for example clearer pictures if that's needed.

Regards,

Reichscollector (Alexander)

Generalarbeitsfuehrer Ernst Lambeck....
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Generalarbeitsfuehrer Ernst Lambeck....
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks, Glenn!

It says:

"Dem Frontkameraden
    Obertruppführer Heinrich Dermer*,
    Uffz. [= Unteroffizier],
    als Weihnachtsgruß von seinem
    Heimatgau zur vierten Kriegs-
    weihnacht 1942.
    Kiel, Weihnachten 1942.

[signed: Lambeck]
    Generalarbeitsführer"

...meaning:

"To the front comrade
    Obertruppführer Heinrich Dermer,*
    Uffz. [= Unteroffizier],
    as a Christmas greeting from his
    home
    Gau for the fourth wartime
    Christmas 1942.
    Kiel, Christmas 1942.

[signed: Lambeck]
    Generalarbeitsführer"

*) I'm not 100 % sure on the surname.

Wow HPL2008! Thats amazing how you could read that! Thank you so much! There is one thing i dont really understand. It says Obertruppführer Heinrich Dermer* and after that unteroffizier. Two completely different ranks. And it says greeting from the home gau. Does all of this together mean he was serving in the wehrmacht (or something else) as unteroffizier at that moment the book was given?

Quote by Reichscollector View Post
    Wow HPL2008! Thats amazing how you could read that! Thank you so much! There is one thing i dont really understand. It says Obertruppführer Heinrich Dermer* and after that unteroffizier. Two completely different ranks. And it says greeting from the home gau. Does all of this together mean he was serving in the wehrmacht (or something else) as unteroffizier at that moment the book was given?
    Yes. Obertruppführer was his rank in the Reichsarbeitsdienst; Unteroffizier was the rank he held at that time in the Wehrmacht (either Heer or Luftwaffe). The book was sent by the command of Arbeitsgau VII Schleswig Holstein (HQ'd in Kiel) as a Christmas gift to its personnel then serving in the military. (Surely, he wasn't the only recipient.)

?

I was about to comment something similair, yes, obertruppfuhrer is a RAD rank, not a wehrmacht rank.

Regards,
    Bas

I bought this book because of the looks of it, it would display good amongst my other books. The seller said there was a widmung in it. I thought it won't be anything special. But it turned out to be rather special, at least I guess it is and for me it is special.
    Thanks a lot for all the information!

Now it is time to find out more about Heinrich Dermer, if Dermer is his real last name.

?

For reference, GAF Ernst Lambeck, Arbeitsgau VII Schleswig-Holstein
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reading German handwriting and identifying Generalarbeitsfuhrer signature   Reading German handwriting and identifying Generalarbeitsfuhrer signature  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "