Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger

Article about: I recently got an interesting lot from Germany. I bought it only because of some photos but when the lot arrived there was much more. Map of the Ostfront, some books for German officers etc.

Default Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger

I recently got an interesting lot from Germany. I bought it only because of some photos but when the lot arrived there was much more. Map of the Ostfront, some books for German officers etc. And this photo. In the center is a Knights Cross holder, on his right hand officer is wearing German Cross in gold or silver and the third officer is also decorated with spange and EKI. Seems that photo is taken in Russian front. Maybe 1942 or 1943. Can anyone identify him? Strange that he is is marked with an "X". Usually it was used to mark Yourself. So maybe all this lot belonged to the Knights Cross owner...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger   Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger  

Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger

Some more items from the same lot. Look at the Panzerlied - never heared it with such words...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger   Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger  

Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger   Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger  

Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger   Recent find - unknown Ritterkreuzträger  

?

nice, I hope you can get an ID on the RKT.

?

Not known to me unfortunately !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

yes, that Panzerlied is interesting.

the first stanza is what one normally hears and is repeated. it looks word for word what you hear in recordings with the exception of the wording near the end of the second line being "finster die Nacht". i think normally one hears "eiskalt die Nacht" or something like that. here the change being that the night is "dark" as compared to the night being "ice cold".

the additional stanzas are probably the rest of the song that wasn't often recorded.