Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Reinhard Heydrich "Death Mask" stamps

Article about: Hello, I'm currently on a visit to Prague, Czech Republic and i've visited some antique stores here and there, there was one that interested me and sold some TR militaria and as i was lookin

Default Reinhard Heydrich "Death Mask" stamps

Hello,
    I'm currently on a visit to Prague, Czech Republic and i've visited some antique stores here and there, there was one that interested me and sold some TR militaria and as i was looking around i found a four-block reinhard heydrich death mask stamp group and i'm actually looking for a stamp like that for my collection but i was wondering, are such stamps faked usually?
    Unfortunately, i don't have any pictures of the stamps.. if they are usually faked, can someone post a reference link?
    Btw, i also wanted to know the price ranges for such stamps and if i can find them anywhere online.

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Hindash

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reinhard Heydrich "Death Mask" stamps
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Reinhard Heydrich "Death Mask" stamps

Hindash, enjoy your time in Prague - a beautiful city indeed.

Regarding these "Death Mask" stamps, be VERY careful. The desirable example is the presentation piece on card - they are heavily faked and can be pretty convincing - if you really want one, study them thoroughly beforehand and proceed with caution.

Regards,

Carl

Thank you very much, Prague is a very lovely city and i believe it's the best city i've traveled to so far

Thank you for your reply, is there any possibility of linking me to some websites regarding this issue? i'd love to study it before i do anything

Best regards,

Hindash

?

You are welcome. If I remember correctly, over 1 million pieces were produced, so the basic stamp is available for a few Euros, with a block (of 4 pcs) probably near the 25 Euros mark. As mentioned above though, the presentation piece is the real catch. I'll send you a link via PM shortly.

Regards,

Carl

Hi Hindash, Carl is your man on ALL of these type of items, a very knowledgable chap who will not only help you, but is a most trusted fellow in getting original items for those of us who do not have the chance to just "pick this history up!!" . Leon

Thank you very much Clark and Leon for the information, i appreciate it!
    Thing is, i'm just looking for the normal stamps and not the presentation piece.. so do i have to worry if i buy a normal four block or a single stamp? i found some for good prices on ebay..

Best Regards,

Hindash

Hey guys,
    I'm thinking of buying the four-block piece offered.. it's for a good price too.
    I know the presentation pieces are being faked but i'm just interested in the normal stamps for my collection.. what do you think?

Best Regards,

Hindash