Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relatives photo German Army

Article about: My great uncle served in WWII in France, Belgium, and Germany from 1944-1946. One of my great, great grandfathers stayed behind in Germany when the rest of the family moved to the US. We fou

Default Relatives photo German Army

My great uncle served in WWII in France, Belgium, and Germany from 1944-1946. One of my great, great grandfathers stayed behind in Germany when the rest of the family moved to the US. We found this photo of one of my relatives in my gradfathers items when he passed away. It would be my great uncles 1st cousin. I'm sorry my scanner is broke so had to take with cell phone camera. The one photo is my great uncle, and the other on horse wold be his cousin. I'm hoping by the uniform some might be able to tell me more about him? Rank, type of Unit? The only thing on the back of the photo is the date 1941, and reads Hans Jacob Muller (Miller). Seems I had relatives on both sides of the war. My family are trying to do more resesarch on him. Sorry again for the bad photo's.
    Kind of errie to me that mRelatives photo German ArmyRelatives photo German Armyy great uncle and his cousin look the same but just in different uniforms. Thanks for any info.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relatives photo German Army
    P
    Many

Sorry meant to say one of my great, great grandfathers brothers satyed behind in Germany.

Rank is Private. Heer (Army).

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

At left, perhaps a Gebirgsjager : shoes and cap. At the beginning of the war, no Y straps.

Default GJ in Bourg en Bresse, 1940.

Thanks for the help. I hope to find out more through the family. And Sorry I should have used Heer in the description to be correct.

did he survive ?.

did he survive ?.

My step-mom is really into genealogy so I'm hoping we can find out more through her research and connections.

The cousin appears to be a mountain trooper as mentioned. He is wearing a Bergmütze, Bergschue and Wickelgamaschen - all typical of Gebirgsjäger. One thing to look for would be any letters that may have been saved. If you find one from the cousin it may include his mail routing number. You can use that to look up the particular unit. NH