Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Remy Schrijnen photo's

Article about: I was looking at some Remy Schrijnen pictures on the net, and noticed in a few pictures Herr Remy Schrijnen is in fact pictured with the same uniform. The pictures of the uniforms are the sa

Default Remy Schrijnen photo's

I was looking at some Remy Schrijnen pictures on the net, and noticed in a few pictures Herr Remy Schrijnen is in fact pictured with the same uniform. The pictures of the uniforms are the same, only his head, and different head gear has been put on top of the same picture of his uniform. Is this something that was a common practice? In any case a very early photo-shop!
    Here are the pictures Im refering to; note the uniform is the same picture on all the other photos.
    I think the picture wearing the Feldmutze is the original untouched photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remy Schrijnen photo's   Remy Schrijnen photo's  

Attached Images Attached Images Remy Schrijnen photo's  Remy Schrijnen photo's 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Remy Schrijnen photo's
    P
    Many

probably just swapped caps ect.

?

I think the photos with Remy Schrijnen bareheaded and with Feldmutze were taken by a studio photographer on the same occasion - probably the one with the steel helmet too. There is also an earlier studio photo taken just after his presentation with the RK in October 1944, where his uniform still shows the rank of the Sturmmann (see p.206 The Last Knight of Flanders. Following his award, Remy Schrijnen was required to go on a propaganda tour - quite possibly some of these photographs were taken to be used for propaganda purposes. Incidentally, in Allen Brandt's book there is reproduced the Feldmutze photo taken from the pocket of Fernand Laporte after he was KIA on 17 February 1945. It was given to him by Schrijnen on the 7th with a signed dedication.

Regards,

Philip

?

I met Remy on a few occasions and interviewed him about the Narva fighting but my biggest regret was not asking him about the reverse runic decal !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    I think the photos with Remy Schrijnen bareheaded and with Feldmutze were taken by a studio photographer on the same occasion - probably the one with the steel helmet too.
    I'm not sure about that Philip.

On the bare head and Feldmutze photos the uniform is exactly the same, even down to the folds in the material, the gap under the epaulette, everything is exactly the same. Now, if I was in that studio having my photo taken with different headwear or not, I would have to move to take one item off, put one on. I doubt that my clothes would hold the exact same look in both photos.

Also note in the bare head photo, just to the right of Remy's head as we look at it, there is an area where the mottled background has disappeared and it is plain. This is because the original image with Feldmutze has been altered. The Feldmutze head has been removed and a younger image of Remy has replaced it. Because the line of his head is different, the background has been faded plain in the area that was originally taken up with the side of his face, ear and headgear.

The area where the neck and collar meet is also unnatural.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....