Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RKT gefreiter

Article about: Hello friends, i am very happy to share with you these two photos of an unknown gefreiter, I am always looking for RKT who have gefreiter military rank , because I think that their action of

Default RKT gefreiter

Hello friends, i am very happy to share with you these two photos of an unknown gefreiter, I am always looking for RKT who have gefreiter military rank , because I think that their action of bravery on the battlefield had to be exceptional for such a decoration
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RKT gefreiter   RKT gefreiter  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RKT gefreiter
    P
    Many

wonder if he survived,he has that thousand yard stare.

?

68 Heer Gefrieter won the RK !! Certainly an award to this rank was for a single exceptional act of bravery on the Battlefield.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Looks like he was Pionier which might help to narrow it down.

I have found 6 Pionier in the Ordensträger who had the rank of Gefreiter when they won the RK.

Bauer Erhard - Gefreiter - 1./Pionier-Bataillon 102 / 102. Infanterie-Division - 04.10.44
    Roos Ferdinand - Gefreiter - 3./Pionier-Bataillon 6 / 6. Infanterie-Division - 16.08.43
    Schulz Heinrich - Gefreiter - 3./Pionier-Bataillon 161 / 61. Infanterie-Division - 18.10.41
    Treptau Max - Gefreiter - 3./Panzer-Pionier-Bataillon 86 / 9. Panzer-Division - 11.03.45
    Vehse Fritz - Gefreiter - 3./Pionier-Bataillon 342 / 342. Infanterie-Division - 04.10.44
    Zastrow Max - Gefreiter - 2./Pionier-Bataillon 81 / 45. Infanterie-Division - 06.03.44

There may be a few more listed that belonged to Pionier Kompanies in Infantry Regiments etc but the ones shown are the only ones listed with actual Pionier Btls.

Many thanks to all for your comments, and your help to identify him, apparently he has been identified on AHF as:
    Schulz, Heinrich
    Flammenwerferschütze 3./PiBtl 161