Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rochus Misch autograph? or maybe Fake?

Article about: Took a chance and recently aquired this. I question the the way his first name is spelled or mispelled. Ive searched the net and found a few of his autographs and in all the c in Rocus is pr

Default Rochus Misch autograph? or maybe Fake?

Took a chance and recently aquired this. I question the the way his first name is spelled or mispelled. Ive searched the net and found a few of his autographs and in all the c in Rocus is pronounced in the signature where it is not in the photo I have, more like its Rolcus. But the Last name seems to be like all the photos from the web. Good thing is I have less than $10 dollars in it so if its fake im not hurt.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rochus Misch autograph? or maybe Fake?   Rochus Misch autograph? or maybe Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rochus Misch autograph? or maybe Fake?
    P
    Many

I'm no expert on signatures, but one thing that concerns me is this: why would any soldier hand out an autographed picture and date it it 1942? As far as I know, autograph collecting became popular post-war with the advent of rock and roll and great sporting personalities. Just my thoughts.

futhermore, if that signature is in felt tip pen, this wasn't invented until the 1960's

No expert either here but the signature appears more like a modern marker, perhaps a small permanent marking pen and not a fountain pen which would have been used in the period.

It looks ok to me, i have one very similar that Rochus signed in the early 2000s!...

TWS
    ?

I'm no authority on signatures but perhaps Herr Misch was indicating that is him in 1942?

I know it's customary to date an autograph on the date it is actually signed, but maybe he was deviating from normal custom to indicate when the photo was taken.

Quote by TWS View Post
    I'm no authority on signatures but perhaps Herr Misch was indicating that is him in 1942?
    I hadn't considered that.

?

Looks nothing like the one I received from him.

JMM
    ?

I'm no expert at all but I looks ok to me (signatures sometimes don't come out right - maybe the "o" and "c" somehow got together)

Thanks for the responses. I have been told it was from a book signing in the 80's. The signature still has me questioning the authenticity though. There are exact pics on the web but the signature is different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast