Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rommel DAK Einladung

Article about: one more item i got today is this framed einladung document, it has a dak tree and the rommel signature, no uv glow like to know is this a fantasy item or a real thing, the foto in the backg

Default Rommel DAK Einladung

one more item i got today is this framed einladung document, it has a dak tree and the rommel signature, no uv glow
    like to know is this a fantasy item or a real thing, the foto in the background is not part of the document and i think was only put under it for better display of the paper thing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rommel DAK Einladung   Rommel DAK Einladung  

Rommel DAK Einladung  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rommel DAK Einladung
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rommel DAK Einladung

I see problems: this is an invite to celebrate Hitler's birthday on 20th April 1942. Panzergruppe Afrika was renamed Panzerarmee Afrika on Jan 30th 1942.

I would return it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ohh, ok, thank you, was looking so nice in that little frame

?

The signature also fails to match one or two examples that I have compared it to. Good spot by Ade there too, well done!

Regards,

Carl

?

The overall impression of the document just doesn't look authentic and period as well as the other glaring errors !!

Where did you get this one ?
    Last edited by Paul D; 03-10-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    The overall impression of the document just look authentic and period as well as the other glaring errors !!

Where did you get this one ?
    was found at a local dealerßs shop and is now back in his hands and my money is back in my hands

Of course Ade is right, but just allow me a few additional observations, as this is yet another good example for fakers with an inadequate grasp of the German language and period terminology:

• A period item of this nature would refer to Hitler as "Führer und Reichskanzler" and not just "Reichskanzler"
    • The German spelling of dates always has a period behind the numbers: It should read "20. April" not "20 April"
    • The word "sie" should start with a capital "S": "Sie". (The word "sie" can mean "they", "she" and, as is the case here, a formal "you". In the latter case, the "S" is capitalized.)