Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Rudi Wolfmüller

Article about: Hello, perhaps you know this man. I found he had the EKII <span class="Titel">"Honor Roll" of Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse Recipients</span> So, pilot on a Me 110.

Default Rudi Wolfmüller

Hello, perhaps you know this man. I found he had the EKII
    <span class="Titel">"Honor Roll" of Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse Recipients</span>

So, pilot on a Me 110.
    He was in Spain, Prague, Kreta, Afrika.... Have you informations on him?
    Thanks,
    Michel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rudi Wolfmüller
    P
    Many

There is speculation that this man is a post war imposter, a sort of Walter Mitty type character, as his awards and soldbuch have raised suspicions about his service. These include no proof he was awarded the KC, no entry in his soldbuch for the Deutsche Kreuz in Gold and also questions as to why he is wearing so many cuff titles (apparently in the wrong order) when he should have removed some of them as he continued his service and was awarded others. Entries in his soldbuch were also all written in the same hand, which raises suspicion because he changed units more than once during the war. More research is needed on this guy from what I can gather after a brief internet search.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It's true that this heroe is discret! And on Google, only the grave and the eKI!

I think he is what we call in the states a PX soldier. (buying and wearing things at the PX that weren't earned)

A friend of mine tell me the Italian medal cannot be worn after the 29 th march 1944.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    A friend of mine tell me the Italian medal cannot be worn after the 29 th march 1944.
    That is true, it was outlawed after Italy left the war, also the two Afrika cufftitles were only worn together, if at all, for a very short period of time and if he got his RK very late war as one member on the Axis History forum suggests to account for it not being listed, then that is also wrong. If you google search him and follow links to the above forum you can see his award entries which as Ned mentions all appear to have been done at one time with one pen in one persons handwriting.

It does appear that perhaps he dressed up for this picture.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.