Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA STURM Match-Box/Matches

Article about: Good Morning, Friends... I was just browsing German Ebay.de this morning and came upon this Match-Box with the SA Sturm Logo - Offered at a reasonable "Buy it Now Price"...Had to h

Default SA STURM Match-Box/Matches

Good Morning, Friends...
    I was just browsing German Ebay.de this morning and came upon this Match-Box with the SA Sturm Logo - Offered at a reasonable "Buy it Now Price"...Had to have it of course, LOL...I'll consider this my birthday-present for myself...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA STURM Match-Box/Matches   SA STURM Match-Box/Matches  

SA STURM Match-Box/Matches  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA STURM Match-Box/Matches
    P
    Many

?

Congratulations, Glenn! Have a wonderful birthday
    And a nice matchbox, love stuff like this. The collectors guild has two kitchen knives from the era for sale that are kind of similair as in 'patriotic' advertising. One of them has a paper cover with an SA man and the other has a cover that promises a discount to NSDAP members.

Regards,
    Bas

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    Congratulations, Ade! Have a wonderful birthday
    And a nice matchbox, love stuff like this. The collectors guild has two kitchen knives from the era for sale that are kind of similair as in 'patriotic' advertising. One of them has a paper cover with an SA man and the other has a cover that promises a discount to NSDAP members. Love stuff like this!

Regards,

Bas
    Thanks, Bas! Although I'm Glenn, not Ade...I appreciate the feedback and Birthday Wishes!!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Thanks, Bas! Although I'm Glenn, not Ade...I appreciate the feedback and Birthday Wishes!!
    cheers, Glenn
    Can't believe I said Ade
    edited; sorry

Regards,
    Bas

Happy Birthday Glenn. I am sure few of these survived as they would have benn a necessity to existence after the war. A very unusual find. Conratulations on the acquisition and your birthday.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Happy Birthday Glenn. I am sure few of these survived as they would have benn a necessity to existence after the war. A very unusual find. Conratulations on the acquisition and your birthday.
    Thank You, Bob -always a pleasure to hear from you!- I continue to be amazed at the amount and quality of Paper Items that managed to survive out there, especially the German Paper-Items from places such as East Prussia, Silesia (Breslau, Koenigsberg etc)...This keeps things interesting with a variety to choose from and keeps prices very low as compared to the "hard goods"...Now I'm tempted to put an SA Grouping together for my display, lol...Thanks you for the birthday wishes, much appreciated...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Happy Birthday Glenn !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I hope that I'm not being a misery, but I'd take a lot of convincing that the match box shown here is genuine. An item like this must be one of the easiest things to fake (or create as a fantasy item). This thread shows how one person ran (runs?) a cottage industry making fantasy cigarette packets and match boxes: SA storm-troopers' cigarettes

See also my comments in post 9 about the short life of the 'Sturm' brand.

Regards, Philip

?

The ebay seller of the box matches shown at the start of this thread has sold many dubious items, including paper items and many steel helmets badged to various well known German firms (BMW, Bayer etc). See: adelburg | eBay

Thanks for the Information, friend...We'll see when it gets here...It's a Balsa-Wood Box and not the run of the mill cardboard that we generally encounter...It cost me $15.00 Total so I won't cry if it's a bad one...As for the seller, he offers several original items as well, so I'll reserve my judgement once it arrives...I appreciate your feedback and the excellent information you've shared...very kind of you...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast