Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Saar unification marathon

Article about: Hi, posted this elsewhere and none knew or cared what it was. Someone said oh its for a Running Race and the signatures are for the runners. Well I showed it to Joachim a friend of mine. He

robertcoutts
    ?

Default Saar unification marathon

Hi,
    posted this elsewhere and none knew or cared what it was. Someone said oh its for a Running Race and the signatures are for the runners. Well I showed it to Joachim a friend of mine. He is 88 and was involved in the War in some capacity. He can read the old German script and is fluent in Russian, English and French. He worked for the Americans after the War translating Russian into English. He is a dyed in the wool Nazi but so what I am about his closest friend now. To cut to the chase he translates all my documents and they are never what the seller claims. This was for a Race involving swimming, canoeing running. He explained how many people took part and how much distance was covered. It was as a show of support for the reunification of the SAAR into Germany. He gets a kick out of translating propoganda leaflets and loves looking at old photographs. I will miss him when he is gone. So here is the Document, framed when I got it.
    cheers Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saar unification marathon   Saar unification marathon  

Saar unification marathon   Saar unification marathon  

Saar unification marathon   Saar unification marathon  

2. # ADS

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.