Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Saturno's German letters & postcards

Article about: Hi Guys... I am posting a few German letters and postcards that Saturno mailed to me today to translate. He tried to post them onto the forum himself but the files were too big, so I have re

?

Default Saturno's German letters & postcards

Hi Guys... I am posting a few German letters and postcards that Saturno mailed to me today to translate. He tried to post them onto the forum himself but the files were too big, so I have reduced the size of them and I am now posting them for you all to see. Saturno told me that he has about 30 of these, so lots of help is needed for the translations please... I have only had time to take a quick look and they look very interesting... so if German speaking members are sitting at home with nothing to do but play with their bayonets (ha ha ha)... please start translating! Thanks a lot to Saturno for these... I'm sure that he will be posting the rest very soon... Cheers Hansi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saturno's German letters & postcards   Saturno's German letters & postcards  

Saturno's German letters & postcards   Saturno's German letters & postcards  

Saturno's German letters & postcards   Saturno's German letters & postcards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Saturno's German letters & postcards
    P
    Many

Default Re: Saturno's German letters & postcards

Thanks John for all your help... Hope any of you guys could help me out too. I have no clues about what these letters are all about. Whether they came from the soldiers or from some private citizen worrying about the war. But at least from these letters we will know the sentiments and feelings of the people during those time...

?

Here's the first postcard translation... Cheers.. Hansi
    Attached Images Attached Images Saturno's German letters & postcards 

?

Here is another of saturno's German letters that I have just translated... Cheers... Hansi

?

Hi Eric... here's another letter... sorry that I'm a bit slow but I have a lot of work on at the moment. I'm still appealing to all German speaking members to give a hand with translating the longer letters... Cheers... Hansi
    Attached Images Attached Images Saturno's German letters & postcards 

Thanks Hansi. Finally, some letter, I presumed, from a soldier!

?

haha. these are neat. I love reading the old feldposts and similar. I have my Grandfathers postcards/letters to and from home that he saved and organized into an album with pics an all during his time as a US Navy SeaBee in the Phillipines. They are so fun to read. You really get a feel for how it was in everyday life back then. Also notice how proper everyone spoke on both sides of the war. I wish i could read German as I would love to help translate the rest. cant wait to read the rest