Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Schutzangehoriger Fuhrerschein-question

Article about: Hi, Have a question here issued papers for Schutzangehoriger. For example, this Fuhrerschein, could any such person be issued one or would he be doing special services, say for the wehrmacht

Default Schutzangehoriger Fuhrerschein-question

Hi,

Have a question here issued papers for Schutzangehoriger.

For example, this Fuhrerschein, could any such person be issued one or would he be doing special services, say for the wehrmacht, SS etc, for such a license? the bottom issuing stamp, Technische Überwachung Bezirk 6, would that be the unit he was working for?

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schutzangehoriger Fuhrerschein-question   Schutzangehoriger Fuhrerschein-question  

Schutzangehoriger Fuhrerschein-question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schutzangehoriger Fuhrerschein-question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Schutzangehoriger Fuhrerschein-question

Hi Neil, I think the small pink stamp says he was trained by the NSKK.

I cannot add more than that sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    For example, this Fuhrerschein, could any such person be issued one or would he be doing special services, say for the wehrmacht, SS etc, for such a license?
    Don't know, but the licence is a temporary one and the information on validity stamped in in red ink says that the licence became void and was to be returned on the scheduled expiration date or immediately upon the end of his occupation as a motor vehicle driver. So he was certainly employed as a driver, but I can't tell by what organization or company.
    His place of residence was Rawitsch / Rawicz in Poland.

The bottom issuing stamp, Technische Überwachung Bezirk 6, would that be the unit he was working for?
    Definitely not; the Technischer Überwachungsverein was (and is) the authority responsible for undertaking drivers' licence tests. He had passed his test and had his licence handed out to him on 25 March 1943.
    (As Adrian Stevenson had already mentioned, his driver's education training had been undertaken by the NSKK.)

Many thanks for the nice long replies! you're all great!

I was wondering, can anyone apply for a drivers' licence? or, not being a German, need a sponsor of some sort? say, Wehermacht, SS etc.

Never saw such a drivers' licence with large Schutzangehoriger rubber-stamp...

Interesting that right up to the end his licence was extended, possibly an indication that it what not a regular civilian licence?

Many thanks for the nice long replies! you're all great!
    You're welcome!

I was wondering, can anyone apply for a drivers' licence? or, not being a German, need a sponsor of some sort? say, Wehrmacht, SS etc.
    Interesting that right up to the end his licence was extended, possibly an indication that it what not a regular civilian licence?
    I really don't know, but judging from the data on this document, there were apparently strict restrictions on the issuance of drivers' licences for non-Germans - This licence was only valid for as long as its holder was occupied in a position where he required the drivers' licence. My guess would be that he probably worked in some civilian field that was nonetheless classified as important for the war effort, like heavy industry, food production/distribution, shipping etc. Just a guess, though.

Well, could be so, would explain the permit being extended March 45 to 46...
    Important enough to serve as a driver right up to the end.