Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)

Article about: I know I've been doing alot of "Share Your" type threads......but I think this could be fun and informational for us all. Please Share your Panzer or StuG Related Award Documents!!

?

Default Re: Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)

Here is one from another small grouping I have

Awardee: Gefreiter Josef Schnallinger
    Award: Wound Badge in Black
    Unit: 7th Company of Panzer Regiment 33
    Date: Awarded in Field on March 30, 1943
    Signed by: Oberst Ludwig Schmahl (a liked and respected Regimental Commander of Pz Rg 33)

I'm guessing he was awrded the WBB for wound/s recieved in the areas North of Zhizdra, where the 9th Pz Division was thrown into a month-long battle with the Red Army. Defensive battles and counter-attacks were the norm for Panzer Regiment 33 during this time, where alot of Soviet Prisoners were taken as well. Plus 3 members of 9th Pz Div were awarded the Knights Cross during this timeframe too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)  
    Last edited by Bill T; 06-23-2012 at 09:18 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)
    P
    Many

?

Wow Hucks. Incredible pieces. Thank you for sharing. The Panzerkampf Abzeichen 25 citation is outstanding. But the grouping is icing on the cake! Beautiful.

oooo I didnt see the Pz Abt 507 group too!! Just wow. That must be a favorite of yours Im assuming??

Oh and I have moved the thread to the proper section. Thank you for bringing that to my attention....

Another large grouping to a member of Panzerjäger Abt 92 of 20 Panzer Divsion. The soldier was a Jagdpanzer IV crewmember.

Not shown here but the Soldbuch has the signatures of Deutsche Kreuz in Gold winner Alfred Richter and what I believe to be Ehrenblattspange winner Friedhelm von Rauchhaupt.

Citations:

Assault Badge - 20 PD specific issue and signed by Wilhelm Ritter von Thoma (RK)
    EK II - signed by Mortimer von Kessel (RK + EL)
    Black Wound Badge - signed by unknown Abteilung Kdr
    KvK II Kl mit Schwertern

Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde) Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)

Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde) Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)

?

The photos with the Pz Rgt 4 / Schwere PZ Abt 507 grouping are spectacular too. I have never seen such period photo paper as the one used on the Panzerjager I/Marder shot. Very interesting and awesome image too. That must be quite the album

Again, another incredible grouping Hucks. I find the Assault Badge document very very neat. I like how it has the Unit Symbol/etc. I appreciate you sharing these alot. I look forward to checking them out more thoroughly

Thanks for the comments Bill. I have quite a few Panzer and suchlike related items in my paperwork collection although it isn't a central collecting theme as such. Here is a soldbuch that is a bit left of center, or basically a cheat, for 'Panzer' as it is to someone who served on a Panzerzug - an armoured train, mainly Panzerzug 64.

Otto Lohleit began the war with a heavy artillery unit (s.Art.Abt 506) which saw fighting at the fortress of Modlin. During this fighting Lohleit received splinter injuries which saw his admittance into the Lazarett system where he was to remain until early October 1939, before being re-admitted in early 1940.

After serving with a few replacement & training units he was assigned to the armoured trains, starting with a Panzerzug Ersatz Abteilung at Rembertow before being posted to Panzerzug 64. PZ 64 was established in October 1942 and was ready for action in June 1943 where it was sent to the Croatia & Serbia region, an area it was to spend most of its war. Rembertow, near Warsaw, was home to the training camp for armoured train units and consisted of barracks and firing ranges for the trains.
    The earliest date in the soldbuch with regards to Panzerzug 64 is in fact October 1942 - entry on the uniform issue page (not shown here) - so Lohleit was with Pz 64 from the very start of its life.

During his time with PZ 64 Lohleit saw plenty of action and incidents, including on the 31st August 1943 a prisoner excahnge in which 22 German soldiers were exchanged for 60 partisans. The train was also used in Unternehmen Margarethe (the invasion of Hungary in March 1944) as part of Kampfgruppe Brauner, a component of XXII Gebirgs-Armee-Korps. On 15th May 1944, Lohleit won the EK II and in the weeks prior to this PZ 64 had been involved in fighting against partisan occupied areas & villages near Morovic so it is likely that Lohleit won his EK for actions taken during these fights.
    As can be seen, Otto Lohleit also won the General Assault Badge in January 1945.

The middle & bottom signatures seen on Page 15 belong to Werner Sieg who was the commanding officer of Panzerzug 64 from its entry into service until the wars end. I find it interesting that someone with a rank of Oberleutnant was entrusted with the command of such a large unit.

Towards the end of 1944 and for 1945 PZ 64 saw combat against both partisan & Red Army forces in the South East of Europe and in the final weeks of the war tried to transfer to Austria, reaching Pernegg via Graz on the 8th May 1945 having hit a mine on the 8th April and coming under Russian artillery fire numerous times.

At midnight on the 8th May 1945 Sieg disbanded the unit. Lohleit survived the war and was taken prisoner as shown by the post war documents.

?

Here is the whole grouping of Feldwebel Josef Rossmann.

Units: Panzer Regiment 2 + Pz Regiment 33
    Final Dienstgrad: Feldwebel
    Death: Artasow, Russia - KIA 6/29/1941 -

* His wife and Daughter recieved a feldpost from a train hospital 3 months after his death notifying them of his demise. I have it with the group.

Group Included:
    * 4 yr service
    * Bulgarian Order of Bravery 1st Class (soldatenkruez) (2 different Docs- 1 about wehrpass entry)
    * Honorary Certificate
    * Death Card + Trauerworte + Portrait + Feldposts/random docs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)   Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)  

Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)   Share your Panzer Related Award Documents (Verleihungsurkunde)  

Nice set and very nice photo - you could cut yourself on those creases in his trousers!

?

Thats a neat Panzerzug group there Hucks. Not something you see all the time! The unit certainly saw some action, huh? The info on the Prisoner exchange is a neat piece of history to know about the unit too. Overall a different and cool grouping, especially since he survived the war + POW camp. Great docs

A Wehrpass to Unteroffizier Gerhard Höra who served with Pz.Grenadier Rgt 9 of 26 Panzer Division. He served mostly in the 9 Kompanie in which he was the driver of a Grille in Italy...

Last edited by hucks216; 06-23-2012 at 10:34 PM.

A soldbuch to a member of a number of Heeres-Flak-Artillerie-Abteilung, which if I have followed the lineage correctly started with 12 Panzer Division before being reassigned to 20 Panzer Division (Source: Fire Brigades by Kamen Nevenkin). I believe he spent at least some part of the last months of the war as a motorcycle messenger.

An additional little bonus was a sheet of paper showing the points awarded to enable him to be eligible for the award of the Heeres-Flak-Abzeichen and signed by his Batterie Chef (no idea who that is I'm afraid). Two points were awarded if an aircraft was shot down with the assistance of other batteries while 4 points were awarded if a single battery was the sole responsibilty for downing an aircraft. In Schilling's case he was awarded 2 points three times and 4 points a further three times. The points threshold for the qualification of the badge was 16.
    On the reverse of the 'Flak Points' sheet is Schilling's Sturmtage.

He was awarded the KvK II KL + Schwertern, Ost Medal, Drivers Badge in Bronze & Silver, Heeres-Flak-Badge and the EK II.
    According to Fire Brigades, Schilling's units were equipped with 20mm Flak and 20mm Flak Vierling until late in the war when the former 20mm Flak was upgraded to 37mm.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast