Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

Article about: More images of one of the scarce examples from KL-Flossenburg... This format of Pramienschein was utilised in several KLs. Regards, Carl

?

Default Re: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

Quote by StuG III View Post
    I used to have coins, notes and bonds, but sold them all to finance my first few medals. For some or other reason I still have this one though??

Tom
    Thank you very much for this one Tom. As shown above, these are what is known as AMC ("Allied Military Currency"), and were printed at Forbes LMC in Boston, for use by the allied forces during the latter part of the war. The different liberated areas of Europe had varying notes of this type.

Regards,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

My contribution to the thread.

The paper money is nice and the 20 is in very good condition. The 5 is somewhat limpy. The coins, no idea if they are even authentic, they were free from an acquaintance.

And the Luger is a metal toy cap gun. I think the toy is worth more than the money but put them together.....and a fine picture was painted. I should have added some badges to the pic!

Greenhorn

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Greenhorn,Nice.Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Another example to add to the thread, the first KZ related piece that I shall contribute, an SS 2nd type 1RM token from KZ Buchenwald. First type tokens have the word "Aussenkommando" printed on the obverse. Both types have been reproduced. However, the original tokens were printed on quite poor quality paper, that appears fragile when compared to the modern examples.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.   SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.   SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  

Here's my contribution
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-27-2018 at 02:49 AM.

?

Time to display one of the rarer pieces. This is a fine example from my collection of Waffen-SS marked RM1 tokens from KZ Flossenburg. The piece shown is of the second format, the first were produced with a serial number printed across the top of the note, and did not receive the Waffen-SS KZ Flossenburg ink stamp marking. Flossenburg was opened in the spring of 1938, and housed both male and female prisoners, many of whom worked in stone quarries and factories that were located at one of the many subcamps, which even spread over the border into Czechoslovakia. The notes were printed onto a thin blue card, and so stand the test of time better than the Buchenwald notes for example, which due to their more flimsy construction (as shown above), are generally quite fragile in comparison.

Regards,

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.  SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens. 

?

Really cool.Rich A. in Pa.

?

Thank you Rich.

Here is another Theresienstadt denomination, the 2 Kronen note. Just a detail shot to highlight the beautiful quality of these examples.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Note the position of the hand, which is placed over the commandment "Thou Shall Not Kill", an alteration the artist, Petr Klein, was instructed to do by none other than SS-Obergruppenfuhrer Reinhard Heydrich.
    Attached Images Attached Images SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens. 

?

Neat. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Hi guys,

Here is my 1938 5 Reichspfennig and a 1922 Wiemar era 50 Pfennig

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Display your Third Reich related banknotes/money tokens.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast