Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast

show your signed photos

Article about: Always looking for others interested in signed photos, military, civil, or political. Wartime or postwar. Here are four I favor in Luftwaffe, though I write on the SS have diverse areas of h

Congratulations, everybody! I've enjoyed seeing everyone's treasures. This is such a rewarding - and educational! - hobby.

Newest addition is Bruno Schmelzinger - KC recipient.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show your signed photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show your signed photos
    P
    Many

On a letter-writing note (no pun intended): I've been hoping to write to Gunther Halm, but I heard that he does not speak English. The German I learned during my college days is extremely rusty. Does he respond well to English letters? Or does anyone here speak German? Also, does anyone here receive responses without including an International Reply Coupon? My post office stopped selling them and I don't know where else I can obtain one. I guess I could check online.

International replay coupons are not a good idea, most post offices no-longer accept them nor sell them. (They are suppose to). Just get some money exchanged at your local bank or at a currency exchange. Google translate does basic translation which most veterans can understand, however sometimes it gets ownership wrong. However i have never had a veteran complain.
    https://translate.google.com.au/

Han
    ?

As Morris said, IRC isn't good. Especially to veterans who more than 90s. IRC is cumbersome to use when they reply. I suggest to exchange to Euro at bank and use it when you writing to them. It's more easier to you and veterans.

Good to know - I shall avoid IRCs from now on! I've never exchanged dollars for Euros before. Is this able to be accomplished at any bank?

I have had no trouble exchanging dollars for Euro at my bank. Usually I will have to wait a week for the Euro to come in since my bank doesn't have any on hand and has to order them in.
    Good luck!

Luke

JMM
    ?

You can buy currency at your bank without any problems (it'll be charged directly to your bank account after the rate has been made)
    Sending money this way is the simplest way when you're talking about veterens who are on the 90's.
    Hope all goes well. Let us know how it turned out

After a return from a 1.5 months trip in Europe their were a few interesting pictures in my mail box. Interestingly the Hershel W. Williams signed photo is the only accepted combat photograph of him provided by the national archives.
    show your signed photos

?

Quote by stingray View Post
    Michael whittmann

Attachment 867124
    What is the history of the Wittmann photo / signature ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Guys i don't want to sound too pedantic but this section is for signed photos of the German / Axis forces , if you want to post allied signed photos a thread in that section might be more suitable as many people interested in Allied photos won't find them here !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast