Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

solddbuch kriegsmarine need help understanding it

Article about: hi all, I have just purchased this soldbuch and in my amazing cannot understand anything in it lol.If anyone of you could help or at least tell me something about this guy it would be awesom

Default solddbuch kriegsmarine need help understanding it

hi all,

I have just purchased this soldbuch and in my amazing cannot understand anything in it lol.If anyone of you could help or at least tell me something about this guy it would be awesome.

thank you and merry christmas.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture solddbuch kriegsmarine need help understanding it   solddbuch kriegsmarine need help understanding it  

solddbuch kriegsmarine need help understanding it   solddbuch kriegsmarine need help understanding it  

solddbuch kriegsmarine need help understanding it   solddbuch kriegsmarine need help understanding it  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement solddbuch kriegsmarine need help understanding it
    P
    Many

Kriegsmarine Soldbücher can be much harder to decipher compared to the other services as they are set out completely differently and a lot of entries tend to be just Feldpost Numbers rather than the units mentioned by name. Plus they weren't issued until June 1941 so if the man served before that time and had moved on by the time his Soldbuch was issued it can be impossible to know what he got any awards for. Add to that, the KM used to be more security conscious and blacked out the Feldpost Numbers which can make trying to find out the man's units impossible.

But your man never made it to a front line unit by the looks of it and seems to of only served with a training unit - 3.Schiffstammabteilung. A Korvettenkapitän and approx 250 recruits from that unit were sent to join 3.Marineinfanteriedivision to the north of Berlin in 1945 but I see nothing that would shed any light on him being one of those recruits.