Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some interesting documentation.

Article about: I wish to share with you some items I have acquired over the years. None are of great monetary value, but they are of social value and good fun besides. My first item is a German travel perm

Default Some interesting documentation.

I wish to share with you some items I have acquired over the years. None are of great monetary value, but they are of social value and good fun besides.

My first item is a German travel permit, designed to be attach to a normal passport. This one was issued to Adolf Sommer in late 1942, in order for him to travel to the Generalgouvernement. It was issued in Stolp, at that time still part of Germany, in Pomerania. It enabled Herr Sommer a single transfer into, and out of, occupied Poland. He must have gone to Warsaw, the back of the pass has a German Border Police stamp of Modlin - Neuhof train station. The permit has two nice town stamps of Stolp. The permit also instructs the user to hand in the permit during the last border crossing, something the bearer apparently did not comply with, thankfully. Unfortunately, I cannot read what Herr Sommer did for a living, it is written down after his name but, to me, illegible. Enjoy.......

Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some interesting documentation.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Some interesting documentation.

The word is: Reichsangestellter / Third Reich employee written in Kurrent/Sütterlin (old german)

Quote by Lysya View Post
    The word is: Reichsangestellter / Third Reich employee written in Kurrent/Sütterlin (old german)
    Many thanks,

Al

I've got a few train tickets also Al. You can learn alot from looking at simple paperwork and it's fun to read, if you can figure out the Sutterlin. I usually can't.

Jay

?

Very nice Alexander, thank you for sharing it with us. Appears in nice condition too, with a very attractive crest on the ink stamp.

Regards,

Carl

Echo from the 'Third Man' post war period; British Military travel permit from early 1949. It allowed the the bearer to travel through Austria on her way to Italy and was issued to her in Berlin. Permit carries a Austrian border control stamp (Brenner train station). Note that the permit only allowed transit of the Allied zones, not the Soviet zone of Austria. It is also interesting to note that though the object of the journey is given as Leave, she was not allowed access to military facilities during her transit.

Attachment 407453Attachment 407454Attachment 407452