Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet tanks in Yugoslavia ?

Article about: Hi everyone, I just found this picture on Ebay.de. it's beeing sold alongside pictures of FT-17 and M-28 french tanks that we're in fact in use in the yugoslavian army at the time of the ger

?

Default Soviet tanks in Yugoslavia ?

Hi everyone,

I just found this picture on Ebay.de. it's beeing sold alongside pictures of FT-17 and M-28 french tanks that we're in fact in use in the yugoslavian army at the time of the german invasion. But did they have soviet BT-7 in 1941 ? Is this picture a fake or perhaps the text on the back has been added later ?Soviet tanks in Yugoslavia ?Soviet tanks in Yugoslavia ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet tanks in Yugoslavia ?
    P
    Many

SRB
    ?

serbia used france tanks (to 1941), but rusian tanks come to serbia first time in autumn 1944.i dont know what is first word but 2 is serbia on german and photo looks like it is serbia but.....that is russia 1941 or serbia 1944/45

?

im not sure that it is from Serbia,not possible. germans cannot have russian tanks there and then becouse it was before barbarossa. maybe some willage in russia is called serbia or whatever is written there

Certainly no BT7's in Yugoslavia in 1941.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

i am pretty sure that bt-7 was never in yugoslavia...

Quote by SRB View Post
    I dont know what is first word but 2 is serbia on german and photo looks like it is serbia but.....that is russia 1941 or serbia 1944/45
    It says “Vormarsch Serbien“ = “Advance in Serbia“.

?

Thanks for your answers !
    That's what I thought. So, the writing on the back was added later. What are your thoughts about the picture itself, do you think it's a fake ?

SRB
    ?

if you have more photos from attack serbia where the French tanks, maybe someone accidentally wrote that it is also in Serbia.
    BT7only use CCCP,but another theory is that maybe in war BT7 brought to fight with against partisans (although this is unlikely).