MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class

Article about: I would like to see better photos of the document posted in the paperwork section , it has a few potential issues whcih i would like cleared up !!

?

Default SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class

Hey all,
    I am buying this grouping from a guy in the Netherlands. He seems reputable (and I trust the guy), but all collections have those questionable pieces, so here it is. A purportedly SS awarded Iron Cross second class. The cross looks good, but I need help with the paperwork. Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class   SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class  

SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class   SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class
    P
    Many

?

Hi Marc, the EK is good but the paperwork should be posted in that forum for the guys to look at.

Don't forget, EKs and paperwork can get mixed and matched for selling purposes so there is no guarantee the cross and paperwork go together.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Absolutely Adrian. I am almost certain that they don't go together (the chances are slim). I am looking to have the paperwork verified, which it has been by Mario Schulze.

Matching some desirable paperwork with a poor condition cross is one way of getting a premium price for a cross that would otherwise be hard to sell.

I m not saying that this is what happened here, but it is a fact to be aware of.

Regards - Danny

Chances are 50-50 but if the price is fair i would go for it. Besides it's very rare to know 100% that a group of items belonged together.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

The guy is asking $200 with shipping and insurance coming from the Netherlands. I have had several EK2 experts look at it, and they say the paperwork is typical of early war SS documents.

?

Does everyone think that the Paper and the cross are original?

?

Default SS awarded 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class paperwork

I am buying this grouping from a guy in the Netherlands. He seems reputable (and I trust the guy), but all collections have those questionable pieces, so here it is. A purportedly SS awarded Iron Cross second class. The cross looks good, but I need help with the paperwork. Thanks in advance! I need help with the paperwork specifically!!! Any help is good help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class   SS 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Second Class  

Last edited by CARL; 08-13-2013 at 10:32 AM.

EK's were not awarded below the authorisation level of Division (with exceptions during the Crete campaign and for IR Großdeutschland prior to April 1942) and yet this one has been authorised by an Abteilung. That is a red flag.
    And the more I look at it the more I don't like the signature.

?

For what it's worth, I like both items. Did you post the paperwork in the Paperwork Forum?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast