Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS envelope

Article about: For me it'seems original. I like the marking, Krakau?

Default SS envelope

Just picked this up on a whim!

I hope its period

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS envelope  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS envelope
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS envelope

Maybe,certainly seems to be written in a natural hand! I'm sure TIGER88 will tell you for sure!

?

Nick i've never seen a stamp such as this on any Feldpost envelope , not sure why it would be used in the Feldpost system as it would be pointless having the nummer system if unit stamps were used. Bearing in mind the Krakau location and the fact that most of the modern fake SS Stamps are Polish made i'm very dubious about this one !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Does seem a rather fancy stamp Nick. And like Paul, I haven't seen anything marked in this way before. I have seen that form of ink stamp present on reproduction pieces too, which worries me.

Regards,

Carl

Thanks for your comments guys

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

i hope i wont feel a fool by replying,in my newbie opinion, i am thinking why would one need to enhance a feldpost letter already having the period written ss runes? i would also take a "punt " on this myself sir.,may i ask if there are is any address on the back? if you wish to sell this i would be more than happy to buy,im on a budget,but i fell it is a real ss post ,even if the ink stamp isnt period,and my interest is krakau poland ,as carl knows, i sincererly hope i havent offended, best to all george

Quote by GEORGE View Post
    i hope i wont feel a fool by replying,in my newbie opinion, i am thinking why would one need to enhance a feldpost letter already having the period written ss runes? i would also take a "punt " on this myself sir.,may i ask if there are is any address on the back? if you wish to sell this i would be more than happy to buy,im on a budget,but i fell it is a real ss post ,even if the ink stamp isnt period,and my interest is krakau poland ,as carl knows, i sincererly hope i havent offended, best to all george
    Hi George, I only bought it last night for a tenner! When I get it in hand I will take a couple of pics of the back

Cheers

Nick

?

thank you for the reply nick,why cant i find nice bargains as this ? to old and slow i guess, ha,ha

thank you for the reply nick,why cant i find nice bargains as this ? to old and slow i guess, ha,ha
    Not at all George! Its me spending far too much time on these forums

Nick

?

your never to old George !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast