Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS Feldpost

Article about: Great stuff! Thanks for this thread!

Default SS Feldpost

Any Information on Dr. Paul Golder would be appreciated. Warsaw. I have the contents of the letter and will take the time to translate. Thank-you.SS Feldpost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Feldpost
    P
    Many

?

Uhlandstraße 4/5. I knew that adress rings a bell. That's the adress for a very old Villa here in nearby Wiesbaden. During the 3rd Reich, as your stamp also shows, it was the district offices
    "des höheren SS und Polizei Führers" for the "SS Oberabschnitt Rhein-Westmark"
    SS-Obergruppenführer Richard Hildebrandt had his offices in there. No idea for how long but the few documents i own are dated 1936 and signed "SS Gruppenführer".

?

Garth E,
    Dr. Golder was born on the 14th January 1904, a NSDAP member and as your Couvert also says, a Dentist. He was invited infront of the "Spruchkammer" (like any German almost) in the town of Aalen for de-nazification procedures and was cleared as "Mitläufer". I'd tell you to contact the Baden-Württemberg Archives for Details on his NSDAP membership (or any other memberships for that matter) but i think you would need to be a family member to get these details due to german privacy laws.
    If you post the contents of the letter i can translate it, otherwise, i hope i could help.

Thank-you very much for that information. Here is the content of the letter.SS FeldpostSS Feldpost

?

I almost forgot about this thread. Excuse me Garth E.

Here is starting from page 1 (the one that is picture number 2 with the date on top). I'll translate it as literally as possible, so some phrases sound weird in english but are normal in german, especially back then:

"My Heart, Altready the first day of the week is gone. Next sunday is "Totensonntag"* and then the 1st of Advent already arrived.
    The time is almost passing by too fast for me. Just yesterday i built a "Witches house"** with the kids, with many windows as "Adventskalender"***
    Only today i made a morning skirt for Krista out of a very old morning skirt from "???".
    I would have loved to have a bathing robe for her, but we can't have that right now.
    Only today i also received 2 letters from you and 1 from Eugenie. Thank you very much.
    Also tell Eugenie thanks from me and that i was really happy about it.
    You barely go out anymore in the evening huh? But now "???" you can make it yourself nice:
    A good book, a cup of tea and some music from the radio is something i would prefer over a
    local bar with too many people. Didn't you even go to the "???" anymore?
    Only "Pfeifer" is still pulling himself up anymore huh?
    Of course i would be really happy if the "Berliners" would "???" my stones
    <-----. (i assume that is some sort of local saying in their area that means something)
    You know, that would be a really great christmas present.
    I, myself don't even have one for you yet and for the children i only have little things.
    But because of that, Christmas will be still beautiful in the last second just like in the other years.
    But the most wonderful thing will be that you are going to be with us and that all of us are healthy.
    Earlier today our 2 little ones were going for a walk with Doris to the fountain and brought back some rose hips to make tea.
    It was a mild day.
    Maria took her lil brother with her to get groceries. He's never quiet and always hums like a bear.
    Now my two must "???" "Tafellappen"
    How does the "Technican guy" act as a "Helferin"?
    As good as your Donna he's at least gonna manage to be.
    <---- (messing a bit with him, saying the Technican is gonna be as good as his former "Helferin" named Donna)

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totensonntag
    **Literally "Witches house" - not known to me but maybe used for an advent calendar as name in their region
    *** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_calendar

Thank-you very much Komoto. I know the work that goes into a translation. I really appreciate this.
    Garth E.

?

Quote by Garth E View Post
    Thank-you very much Komoto. I know the work that goes into a translation. I really appreciate this.
    Garth E.
    No problem mate, if you need more translating of Feldpost just post it here. For me it goes a bit quicker because i have some history in translating german to english when i was a teenager. This took about 10 minutes, so feel free to shoot.
    Cheers

Very kind Komoto. I have several SS feldposts that may be interesting. I'll go through them. I am fascinated by the old German script. As a hobby I try just to understand the letters as they are done with such a flourish and I need to really look carefully to know what they are. A beautiful language for sure.

?

Great stuff! Thanks for this thread!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com