Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS feldpost group - Good or bad?

Article about: I need your help guys! The last feldpost group I purchased turned out to be fake(ish) and it was a big dissapointment and since that I have not even botherd.. I had nothing more translated,

?

Default SS feldpost group - Good or bad?

I need your help guys! The last feldpost group I purchased turned out to be fake(ish) and it was a big dissapointment and since that I have not even botherd.. I had nothing more translated, no more research done and I did not buy anything more because it made me so sad to see people forging and tampering and destroying historical objects, thereby ruining a part of history just to make a buck and screw some poor sod over.

Anyway... I found a feldpost group that seems interesting and has a lot of research potential. The story is a little bit weird and mixed up though, and I know from personal experience that it's groups like that you have to be carefull with. I'm posting the sellers description and photos of the group and I would be very happy if you guys could tell me your opinion on the group. (PS! Last translated letters from Günter Prange comming up soon!)

Questions from me:
    Can someone read the absenders?
    I can not see a single FP number on any of them.. Strange?
    Does the SS feldpost stamps look legit?
    Is it really possible for a soldier to go Wehrmacht >>> Luftwaffe >>> SS ?
    Do you see/read anything other dodgy from this group?
    Is there any other info or photo I can ask the seller for to make sure I don't get fooled again?

Seller from U.S.A.

Description:

Lot obtained in Austria. Letters written mostly by suitors to one lady. Finally she marries the soldier who wrote the majority of the letters. He had an interesting career which seems to have gone from Heer to Luftwaffe to SS. Some interesting feldposts, glider, SS panzer school etc. Another fellow who wrote her was a SS sanitater, and there is one fellow who was GD. there is a lock of hair in one letter, photos of the married couple, postwar vacation postcards, old family pics and a few pics of the other suitors.

There are 16 letters with SS stamp and 17 where he wrote ss feldpost on the envelope. There are 14 stamped with glider schule and or other glider stamps. There are 2 with grossdeutschland stamps. There are others with flugzeugfuhrer stamps. Some infantry battalion stamps and a lot of just feldpost number stamps.

Pictures

Attachment 516743

Attachment 516759

Attachment 516760

Attachment 516761

Attachment 516762

Attachment 516763

Attachment 516764

Attachment 516765

Attachment 516766

Attachment 516767

Attachment 516768

Attachment 516769

Attachment 516770

Attachment 516758

Attachment 516757

Attachment 516756

Attachment 516744

Attachment 516745

Attachment 516746

Attachment 516747

Attachment 516748

Attachment 516749

Attachment 516750

Attachment 516751

Attachment 516752

Attachment 516753

Attachment 516754

Attachment 516755

Attachment 516780

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS feldpost group - Good or bad?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS feldpost group - Good or bad?

I just found this... A guy named the same.. Born in the same place... Who also was in the SS..... Who got the knight cross of the iron cross.. Too many coincidences right?? This guy died in 45, so would be hard for him to send postcard from vacation post war..

Alfred Fischer (SS officer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Could this group be trying to forge being from this guy or is it a massive coincidence?

?

bump

Hi Monuir,

I can't help you with anything feldpost related but I am sorry to hear about your last grouping being faked. Was this the group you were slowly having translated at great expense and relaying to the forum? The SS driver who was serving around Rostov?

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Hi Monuir,

I can't help you with anything feldpost related but I am sorry to hear about your last grouping being faked. Was this the group you were slowly having translated at great expense and relaying to the forum? The SS driver who was serving around Rostov?
    Hi, Glenn! Yeah it was a big dissapointment.. It was my second big SS feldpost group that I payed big money for and then ended up being fake.. Anyway, about the translated letters (Gunter Prange LSSAH) they are all 100 % original! Last translated letters are comming soon

?

Does anyone know if it was really possible for a soldier to go Wehrmacht >>> Luftwaffe >>> SS ?

?

Quote by Monuir View Post
    Does anyone know if it was really possible for a soldier to go Wehrmacht >>> Luftwaffe >>> SS ?
    Of course many men from the Luftwaffe were transferred into the Waffen SS late war !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Anyone here who is more experienced when it comes to Feldpost then me? I would love to know your thoughts about this group.

What do you think of the stamps?

Danny

Hi Danny

Did you buy this group?

Did you find any more info on it?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi, Nick!

I ended up passing on it. I just had a strange feeling about the lot and did not feel like getting cheated again!