SS Leibstandarte Feldpost Letter w/Photo

Article about: I acquired this letter, and have no idea what it says. It came with a nice photo enclosed in it though. If anyone might help with translation, I would be thrilled to know what the letter say

Default SS Leibstandarte Feldpost Letter w/Photo

I acquired this letter, and have no idea what it says. It came with a nice photo enclosed in it though.

If anyone might help with translation, I would be thrilled to know what the letter says.

Thanks all!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	letterset1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	926482

Name:	letterset2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	926483

Name:	letter1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	926480

Name:	letter2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	242.2 KB 
ID:	926481

Name:	letter_pic.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	926479
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

The soldier has written a letter to his mother, wondering why she has not been sending any letter lately. He adds the he'd like to go on leave withinh the end of the year, but he cannot say when. He goes on , but I cannot understand the writing. On the second page, second line, he asks to write him where she has left the house keys, or, alternatively how he can get inside it. I cannot understand the writing on the sentence that follows, but it has to do with a pack that has to be sent and he asks about her adress. In the P.S. he states that they have received a replacement and then it difficult to understand what's written.

No doubt there're others better than me at deciphering. In any case not a letter related to combat experience or "military activities".

Best regards, Elia

Elia is right.

The letter was written by an SS-Rottenführer named Franz Kuss to his mother Frieda Kuss, who worked at the Arbeitsamt [Labor Office] in Freiburg im Breisgau in Baden-Württemberg. (He used her office address.)

Franz' field post number 05946 tells us that he served with the 1. Batterie of the Flak-Abteilung of the Leibstandarte.

Here's a transcription (errors in spelling and interpunction as in the original):

"O.U. [= Ortsunterkunft]*, den 26.9.42

Liebe Mutter!

Habe von Dir schon lange
    keine Post mehr erhalten.
    Bist Du krank oder ist
    etwas passiert???
    Wie geht es Peter?
    Ich werde warscheins in den
    nächsten Monaten also noch
    dieses Jahr in Urlaub kommen.
    Wann weiß ich nicht. Das
    kommt alles ganz plötzlich.
    Kann sich als um Stunden
    handeln. Sollte es einmal
    soweit sein, dann hole
    ich Dich beim Arbeitsamt ab.
    Schreib mir bitte wo Du die
    Schlüßel zur Wohnung liegen
    hast oder wie ich in die Wohnung
    gelange. Möchte nicht mit dem
    Gepäck in der Stadt rumstromern.

[...] gib mir noch einmal
    eine genaue Adresse u.
    [= und]
    Beschreibung der Wohnung.
    Seid für heute herzlichst
    gegrüßt von Eurem

Franz

Wir habe heute 1 Mann
    Ersatz bekommen. Er
    stammt aus Freiburg i. Brg.
    [= im Breisgau],
    Poststraße. Das ist Zufall,
    was
    ."

*) Ortsunterkunft = local billets. Exact geographical designations/addresses were not to be given for security reasons.

And here's the translation:

"Local billets, 26/9/42

Dear mother!

Have not received any mail from you in a long time. Are you sick or has anything happened??? How is Peter? I will likely go on leave in the next months, i.e. before the year is over. I do not know when. It all came about quite suddenly. Could be a matter of hours, even. When that time comes, I will pick you up at the labor office. Please write to me where you keep the keys to the appartment or how I can enter the appartment. Would not like to wander about the city with my luggage. [...], give me the exact address and a description of the appartment. For now, be cordially greeted by your

Franz

We got 1 man as a replacement today. He is from Freiburg im Breisgau, Poststraße. That's quite a coincidence, isn't it?
    "

Thank you for the translation folks! Very much appreciated.

Too bad it's not about him getting the knights cross, but all the same a page of history with a nice photo. And, I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to wander about with his luggage. Sad though, that it seems his mother isn't or can't write him while he's away.
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis