Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS Memory card...

Article about: Hello guys, I want to show this memory card. I have it for years now. Kept it between the pages of a book. It shows 2 soldiers in battle. It says: SS 'zur erinnerung an den... WINTER 1942-43

?

Default SS Memory card...

SS Memory card...

Hello guys,

I want to show this memory card. I have it for years now. Kept it between the pages of a book.
    It shows 2 soldiers in battle.
    It says:

SS 'zur erinnerung an den...
    WINTER 1942-43 vor Leningrad.

signed: Der Kommandeur

'KLINGERMAN'

SS-Brigadeführer U. General Major D.W.SS.

It is a card I've never saw before and it looks very old. Smells very old aswell. :-)
    Could it be genuine or is it fake? Maybe some trenchart from a soldier who was there? Anyway, I like the card.

Can I have some opinions please?

Regards,

Kris.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Memory card...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Memory card...

It is stamped with a Reichsadler above the name 'Klingerman' aswell, but hard to see. Stamp is almost vanished.

Kris.

A nice card, whats on the back?

?

Lovely card!!!!

When I read the title of this thread,I thought Snyder had found hitlers digital camera!

?

The back of the card is blanco. There is nothing on it.

Kris.

?

Signature is not 'KLINGERMAN' but 'KLINGEMANN'.

?

"This 61 year old professional soldier, Party member since 1932, is also to be considered as a political profiteer who considered the NSDAP as a means for his own advancement. Commissioned in 1904 as a 2nd Lt, he remanined in the service until 1919 when he was discharged with the rank of Maj. He worked as a merchant until 1933; in the same year he joined the RAD as ARBEITSFUEHRER (Maj). In 1935 he transferred to the army with the rank of of Maj, and transferred again by the end of 1937 to the WAFFEN-SS with the rank of STUBAF (Maj). In 1938 he was appointed Commandant of the REICHSSCHULE BERNAU which was under the supervision of of the SD-HA (SICHERHEITSDIENST-HAUPTAMT: Security Service Central Dept). During 1939 he was PERSONALSARBEITER (Personnel Officer) in the SD-HA. Between Dec 39 and Dec 40 he became successively commanding officer of the following units: 13 SS "TOTENKOPF" Regt, Regt "NORDLAND", and 4 Mtz SS Regt. In May 41 he was appointed CO of 2 SS Inf Brig which was committed vic LENINGRAD. In Mar 42 source was promoted to SS-BRIF (Brig Gen). Upon return from Russia he became Commandant of the SS JUNKERSCHULE TOELZ from Feb 43 to Aug 43. In Aug he was appointed Chief of Inspectorate II in the SS-FHA (SS FUEHRUNGSHAUPTAMT: SS Main Operational Dept). In this capacity he was supposedly very unpopular and for this reason discharged in May 44.

Could this be signature of the same guy?

K.