Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS and SD Signature identifications

Article about: I inherited many documents from relatives who served in the Ahnenerbe, 1. SS-Division Leibstandarte, SD and some others. On some documents i can't make out the signature so i would like to u

?

Default SS and SD Signature identifications

I inherited many documents from relatives who served in the Ahnenerbe, 1. SS-Division Leibstandarte, SD and some others. On some documents i can't make out the signature so i would like to use this thread to get help from the forum members.

The first document i cut partly off and already posted in another thread where i argued that german documents can have typos and still be authentic i attach here:

Does anybody know who this signature belongs to? Thanks in advance.
    I will post document pieces here for help and feel free to save the pictures as source for signatures

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS and SD Signature identifications
    P
    Many

?

Here is another document also from 1943 in Italy with the same signature in case it helps.

Also who does the signature above belong to? The SS-Oberführer?

Thanks in advance

?

And another one i need help with. I assume this SS-Oberscharführer is the Adjutant of SS-Hauptsturmführer Dr. Knochen

Thanks in advance!

?

And one more, where i include the whole document because i think it could help our forum members.

Which SS-Obersturmführer does this signature belong to? Thanks in advance

?

Some more signatures i need help with. All SS, SD and Reichsführer-SS related as will be most Documents i post in here.
    I hope the stamps i show (and their variations) can be helpful to our members.

This document has no date but should be from September 1938 as these were sorted in my relatives folder for the year 1938

?

And one more with the stamp from the SD-Führer from Oberabschnitt Süd-West and Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers-SS
    Note that normal SS letters are used while the stamp on the right with the signature has the SS runic versions.

Can anyone help out with this one?
    I also want to point out that some documents i won't show in completly because of names, adresses etc. being listed and sometimes names together with certain orders or plans.
    Often a family member of mine of which one was with the Ahnenerbe and i'd rather stay anonymous in the public forum because everyone can see and not everyone who comes here has friendly intentions.

Thanks in advance

?

And one more for today. I thought it might be "Schmidt" but what looks like to be an "e" after "m" confuses me.
    This is from Winter 1938 if it helps.

Thanks in advance

Signatures are always difficult to read...

The Oberführer in post # 2 is Theodor Wisch, CO of the LAH.

I can't read the signature in post # 3, but an Oberscharführer is equivalent to a Feldwebel. Too low a rank to be an adjutant.

The signature in post # 5 looks like "Zachmann" to me. The SS-Dienstaltersliste [officers' seniority list] of 1 Dec. 1938 lists an Untersturmführer named Ferdinand Zachmann, assigned to the SD-Hauptamt. This would appear to be him.

The signature in post # 7 is "Schneidt". The SS-Dienstaltersliste of 1 Dec. 1938 has two men with that surname; from the rank and duty agency it has to be Erwin Schneidt.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-28-2017 at 05:05 PM.

?

Danke HPL2008 ! This already helped me a lot make sense of some things. Sadly i don't own the SS-Dienstalterliste from any year so your contributions like many here in this forum are very helpful!

Here are some more if you or anyone else who is able to help. This one is from 1944 and what i believe to be about the 9. SS-Division Hohenstaufen in case it helps

Thanks in advance

?

This one is from 1943 and involves Bandenkampf in the Balkans if this info helps

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast