Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich Rgt

Article about: Just got this ss soldbuch what do you all think? Eric

Default SS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich Rgt

Just got this ss soldbuch what do you all think? EricSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich RgtSS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich Rgt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich Rgt
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Soldbuch Reinhard Heydrich Rgt

G'day ez1969

Doesn't look right to me, only one type of stamp in it, wrong type of id photo as the soldier shot should be like a passport photo showing some ear detail. I'm not expert on these but I do have a couple of Army ones.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    G'day ez1969

Doesn't look right to me, only one type of stamp in it, wrong type of id photo as the soldier shot should be like a passport photo showing some ear detail. I'm not expert on these but I do have a couple of Army ones.
    I checked into that before i bought it thought the same thing about the photo but found this on soldbuch Anatomy far as the stamps look like the rest ive seen.There are some variations to the photos themselves, but the typical photo is about 1-3/4" wide by 2-3/8" tall including a small white border, showing the soldier in his wool field tunic, down to about the bottom of the flaps of his tunic breast pockets, and posed with the soldier turned looking slightly to his right. The soldier has removed his hat and glasses, his hair is neatly combed (and often oiled) back, and his collar is closed. Many are smiling slightly, but only one man out of our group is smiling so you can see any teeth! Actually, there is an amazing variety of expressions, probably depending on the subject's situation at the time: some look terrified or confused, some look bored, some glare at the camera as if they were trying to intimidate the photographer. Some look exhausted, and a few look back at you with such haunted expressions that it gives you goose bumps.

There are some neat variants in the size and scope of the photos: the smallest photo examined was only 1 x 1 1/2 inches, and the largest was 2 1/2 x 3 3/4. A half-dozen or so of the photos had black borders and four had no borders at all. The coverage of the photo ranged from a little as down to the points of the collar (21 photos) and as much as down to the belt buckle (6 photos). In 13 examples, the soldier is dressed in his dress uniform, and in 5 photos, they are dressed in the pocketless green HBT work tunic. One man had his photo taken in his Border Customs uniform. One soldier has his mountain cap on, two soldiers have not removed their glasses, 19 have their collars open, and two, surprisingly, are still in civilian cloths! 29 men are posed turned to their 'left', but only 5 are posed faced directly at the camera. Most photos appear to have been taken in a studio, but a few appear to have been taken outside, apparently against the outside of a building, and 3 photos are actually cut out of group pictures! Ah, sweet diversity!A Note on German Ink Stamps:
    There are two important types of stamps: entry stamps and unit seals. Entry stamps were used to replace repetitious entries (except signatures): unit names, officers' ranks and titles, some dates, and other entries. Unit seals are the big circular stamps that have the eagle in the middle and an office name or Feldpost number just inside the circle.
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 09-04-2010 at 01:44 AM. Reason: add info

Sorry, but I would tend to agree with Rene on this one as I do not like either the paper or the stamps and the information all look much too similar.

Also I have seen Soldbuchs with much less information in them but with a much greater variety of stamps, lettering and colours of ink etc.

Have you ever tested the paper with a blacklight?

It takes time to check these out to a degree to warrant a full opinion, it would be better to give the guys, your thoughts and feelings on the Pass in your opening Post-You have it in hand) Hopefully the SS SB collectors will reply, I don't get a Good feeling about this pass.

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    I checked into that before i bought it thought the same thing about the photo but found this on soldbuch Anatomy far as the stamps look like the rest ive seen.There are some variations to the photos themselves, but the typical photo is about 1-3/4" wide by 2-3/8" tall including a small white border, showing the soldier in his wool field tunic, down to about the bottom of the flaps of his tunic breast pockets, and posed with the soldier turned looking slightly to his right. The soldier has removed his hat and glasses, his hair is neatly combed (and often oiled) back, and his collar is closed. Many are smiling slightly, but only one man out of our group is smiling so you can see any teeth! Actually, there is an amazing variety of expressions, probably depending on the subject's situation at the time: some look terrified or confused, some look bored, some glare at the camera as if they were trying to intimidate the photographer. Some look exhausted, and a few look back at you with such haunted expressions that it gives you goose bumps.

There are some neat variants in the size and scope of the photos: the smallest photo examined was only 1 x 1 1/2 inches, and the largest was 2 1/2 x 3 3/4. A half-dozen or so of the photos had black borders and four had no borders at all. The coverage of the photo ranged from a little as down to the points of the collar (21 photos) and as much as down to the belt buckle (6 photos). In 13 examples, the soldier is dressed in his dress uniform, and in 5 photos, they are dressed in the pocketless green HBT work tunic. One man had his photo taken in his Border Customs uniform. One soldier has his mountain cap on, two soldiers have not removed their glasses, 19 have their collars open, and two, surprisingly, are still in civilian cloths! 29 men are posed turned to their 'left', but only 5 are posed faced directly at the camera. Most photos appear to have been taken in a studio, but a few appear to have been taken outside, apparently against the outside of a building, and 3 photos are actually cut out of group pictures! Ah, sweet diversity!A Note on German Ink Stamps:
    There are two important types of stamps: entry stamps and unit seals. Entry stamps were used to replace repetitious entries (except signatures): unit names, officers' ranks and titles, some dates, and other entries. Unit seals are the big circular stamps that have the eagle in the middle and an office name or Feldpost number just inside the circle.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Sorry, but I would tend to agree with Rene on this one as I do not like either the paper or the stamps and the information all look much too similar.

Also I have seen Soldbuchs with much less information in them but with a much greater variety of stamps, lettering and colours of ink etc.

Have you ever tested the paper with a blacklight?
    Blacklighting is a tool, not "The" tool. Many perfectly original old items will change color under this light, which has nothing to do with age. Old yellow naval insignia often turns vivid orange, as an example Eric. I say all this in what i believe to learn before i bought this item i hope the pros will agree. If not shame on me again!
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 09-04-2010 at 05:29 AM.

I agree with your previous statement re blacklight testing and know that it is not 100% effective. As you have the item in hand as it were and I am only looking at the photos provided, then I guess that you have the advantage and are happy with your purchase.
    However, I am somwhat at a loss as to why the Rechnungsfuhrer has signed the appropriate page but no amount money is listed and why the page for leave has been stamped (more than once) but no reason for said leave or departure/arrivals destinations have been provided.
    Please be assured that I am not involved in "point scoring" here as this would be futile but I do not like these apparent anomalies or some of the details in the pass,so it would not be for me.
    As it is now 05:21 hrs with me - "I fold"- have to go to bed.

I had the very same thoughts on this as Rene. Something just not right.

The photo seems tampered with, and the style of some of the hand lettering
    does not look period. Entries where there should be a description of some
    sort has only a date stamp - It looks 'made-up' to me.

Just MHO.......
    Regards,

Steve.

Three random observations:
    a) In several places throughout this Soldbuch, blank spaces have been "sealed", which doesn't make any sense at all.
    b) Some entries are signed by an alleged "Hauptscharführer und Kompanieführer". A Hauptscharführer is a senior NCO rank and could never be a company commander. Apart from that "Hauptscharführer" is not even abbreviated right; it should be "Hscha.", not "Hptsch."
    c) The "SS" in the stamped entries should be written in runes, not normal letters.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-04-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Does the name read "Diederik Winters" ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast