Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Standort-Kantine money token

Article about: Used by the camp guards and some trustees at Buchenwald KL. These notes can be found for different money values and are plain on the reverse. Fakes of course exist. But the original poor qua

Default SS Standort-Kantine money token

Used by the camp guards and some trustees at Buchenwald KL.

These notes can be found for different money values and are plain on the reverse.

Fakes of course exist. But the original poor quality wartime paper is hard to reproduce nowadays.

I was given this one by a friend in the US. He obtained several of different demominations from a US Vet.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Standort-Kantine money token  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Standort-Kantine money token
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Standort-Kantine money token

G'day Ade

Would this one have had similar use?

Hi René, sorry but I am fairly confident that one is actually a fantasy item.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Reneblacky- and others
    I have that exact same coin and I have been trying to figure our it use. I don't think it is fake and I wish others could help with the process . I bought mine in Israel. It says at the top the best i can make out, Rlefderpasse SS in the middle wert-Marke or Marpe.
    wert = valued and it is worth 10, processed in 1941. Now the guy I bought it from said it was used as a wash token for the SS... However i have not found any supporting evidence of that! please help.
    Akbear

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Used by the camp guards at Buchenwald KL.

These notes can be found for different money values and are plain on the reverse.

Fakes of course exist. But the original poor quality wartime paper is hard to reproduce nowadays.

I was given this one by a friend in the US. He obtained several of different demominations from a US Vet.

Cheers, Ade.
    That looks very interesting, iv never seen one, thanks for posting the photo Ade.
    Best regards
    Nuno

The word is "Kleiderkasse" (clothing-distribution), which was responisble to distribute the equipment supplyed by RZM to the personel of the SS.

These Wert-Marken are offered as period items even by serious dealers.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    Interestingly, many surviving examples were taken as souvenirs by the liberating troops, such as the vet your friend met Ade. An unknown quantity still exist today, including some unissued examples, which according to survivor's testimonies, were actually found near the remains of smouldering documents that the SS had try to destroy. Unfortunately, the forgers latched onto this information a long time ago, hence why many of the reproduction examples appear burnt around the edges. The paper quality however, still gives them away, as original pieces such as the one shown above, were manufactured using a very low grade paper. Various printing differences are also present when one compares genuine examples to reproduced pieces.

Regards,

Carl

?

I've shown this piece before, but again, here is another original period example that highlights the poor grade of paper that was used to produce the original tokens.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Standort-Kantine money token   SS Standort-Kantine money token  

SS Standort-Kantine money token   SS Standort-Kantine money token