Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SS Totenkopf Officer Feldpost+Photo+Documents lot

Article about: Just secured this fascinating lot of a Totenkopf officer and his family. Feldposts, documents about his death payment to family, docs/letters about his time in SS Schule Braunshweig ,many pe

Just purchased more additions to the grouping.

There are some very rare SS Totenkopf Standarte 11 stamps among these, also 2 Feldposts written directly from SS-Junkerschule Braunshweig and couple of docs related to his death and belongings!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feldpost 1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	677490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feldpost.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	677491  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feldpost2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	677492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toten.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	677493  

Name:	toten1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	677494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toten2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	677495  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Interesting grouping.

Apparently he was from a German emigrant family or (probably more likely) a German family that spent some time overseas and eventually returned to Germany. Note that the certficate of inheritance states (rather unspecifically) that he was born in America, which is also given as his last residence.

The letter by his father - whose occupation is given as Kaufmann (merchant, businessman etc.) to the district court with which he applied for said certificate gives Guatemela as the place of his son's birth.

Also note that he was not KIA outright; his place of death was the reserve military hospital at Braunschweig; cause of death is given as being "due to wounds". He died on 9th August 1941. I can see an envelope from the hospital with a postal stamp for 12th July 1941, so I take it that he actually spent some time at the hospital.

Andreas, thank you very much !

I didnt want to bother you with a translation but I was secretly hoping you would

This is super information

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

SS-Braunschweig Junkerschule was also the site of a Buchenwald satellite camp. A small detachment of inmates were transferred from the main camp to do repairs and construction work. The administration paid 4RM per day for the seventeen prisoners, among whom were painters, carpenters etc. The accommodation, food and guards were supplied by the SS-Junkerschule - with an additional Blockführer arriving from KZ-Buchenwald. This particular sub-camp only lasted for several weeks during autumn 1941 - for the duration of the work, but was followed later by another similar repairs/construction project, again undertaken by prisoners from the main camp, in 1942, when more inmates arrived and the work period was extended. Information regarding these prisoners and their work at the Junkerschule was found among correspondence between SS-Sturmbannführer Mohr, head of administration at Braunschweig-Junkerschule, and Arbeitserziehungsführer (labour service officer) SS-Hauptsturmführer Philipp Grimm, who served at Buchenwald. Kommandants Karl Koch and Hermann Pister also assisted in the arrangement of the transportation of inmates from the main camp.
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wíyópeya oki hi sni"

Great info Carl, thank you !

Here is a photo of Commander of SS- Braunschweig Junckerschule Arno Altvater -Mackensen.

Also some catering documents

These are not my items by the way (sadly)

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	junkcer.jpg 
Views:	845 
Size:	242.5 KB 
ID:	677775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	junkkk.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	677776  

Name:	SS Junck.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	677777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SS Junker.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	677778  

Just added a third lot to this Totenkopf soldiers grouping.

More SS Feldpost from Braunschweig, letter and period postcards with a view of the front of Ellwangen Kaserne and SS- Junkerschule Braunschweig

Nick

Name:	TK pics.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	687326  

An American born to German parents who decided to go to his so-called Fatherland (probably at the instigation of his father, no doubt) and joined the Totenkopf SS, only to have his SS career end before the year 1941 was even done. Looks like he should have stayed in the States... Does it say where he was when he was wounded? An interesting group lot, for sure!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    An American born to German parents who decided to go to his so-called Fatherland (probably at the instigation of his father, no doubt) and joined the Totenkopf SS, only to have his SS career end before the year 1941 was even done. Looks like he should have stayed in the States... Does it say where he was when he was wounded? An interesting group lot, for sure!
    Thanks William, no I cant find that info as yet

Nick

?

Strangely enough they didn't used him for intelligence related work.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Strangely enough they didn't used him for intelligence related work.
    Good point !

Nick

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast