Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stamps collection

Article about: A friend of mine has this collection of stamps and would really like to know if any of them are worth anything. I was told that most are pretty common, but there are a few that could be wort

Default Stamps collection

A friend of mine has this collection of stamps and would really like to know if any of them are worth anything. I was told that most are pretty common, but there are a few that could be worth a bit, but not sure which. My friend is looking to sell the lot as a whole. The envelope is interesting, see where it was posted from. Please have a look and give me your opinions. Thank you very much.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stamps collection   Stamps collection  

Stamps collection   Stamps collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stamps collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Stamps collection

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stamps collection   Stamps collection  

Attached Images Attached Images Stamps collection 

?

Your friend has some nice pieces Tom, and I agree that the envelopes are decent items. Most of the stamps are very common, and indeed inexpensive. However, if the Reinhard Heydrich death mask is an original piece, then it is worth a bit more. They are heavily faked though...

Regards,

Carl

They are nice stamps.

I have hundreds of TR stamps and although they have striking images they are very low value items .

I enjoy collecting them though

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Your friend has some nice pieces Tom, and I agree that the envelopes are decent items. Most of the stamps are very common, and indeed inexpensive. However, if the Reinhard Heydrich death mask is an original piece, then it is worth a bit more. They are heavily faked though...

Regards,

Carl
    Thanks Carl. Actually there is only one envelope, the two below are sheets. How would one determine whether the R.H death mask stamp is original or not?
    So basically he should research prices on the sheets and this single H.R stamp to determine value, yes?

Tom

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    They are nice stamps.

I have hundreds of TR stamps and although they have striking images they are very low value items .

I enjoy collecting them though

Nick
    Thanks Nick. I have a few in my collection sort of corresponding with my collecting areas like RAD, RLB, etc.
    But I must admit that stamps have always held a fascination for me, then I found militaria....

Tom