Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Strange Ahnenerbe Document

Article about: Yes its a shame, Good reason to watermark and only post low quality scans, which is even more of a shame in its self. thanks for posting learnt something from this discussion.

Default Strange Ahnenerbe Document

Strange Ahnenerbe Document, a friend of me got this funny thing about something like an watherfinder awarding document, please some oppinions on this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Ahnenerbe Document  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Ahnenerbe Document
    P
    Many

Default Re: Strange Ahnenerbe Document

Not sure what opinions your asking for ? This is surely a fantasy piece.

Quote by Justin P View Post
    Not sure what opinions your asking for ? This is surely a fantasy piece.
    no it is not a fantasy one as i have seen a similar one here on the forum before and this ones are knowen to be real ones, cand find the thread anymore, and not sure for what exact this was given out or if this has any value

The earlier thread with one of those documents is here:
    Document of an Waffen-SS Waterfinder

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The earlier thread with one of those documents is here:
    Document of an Waffen-SS Waterfinder
    ahh here we go, many thanks

I stand Corrected. date of the 23.6.04 could be a clerical mistake. along with the shaky signature are the reasons I viewed this with caution.

I stand Corrected. date of the 23.6.04 could be a clerical mistake. along with the shaky signature are the reasons I viewed this with caution.
    23.06.04 is the date of birth of the recipient, so there is no problem with that.

The shaky signature is a good point, though, and there is something else that concerns me:

The duty position appears to be given as "Amtscher". This should be "Amtschef".
    Interestingly, it is this last letter ("f") that was covered by the signature and thus illegible in the Waffen-SS waterfinder document posted in the earlier thread.
    To be honest, it makes me wonder whether the above document was copied from the earlier one by someone who did not know the correct last letter to go in that word.

Apart from that, as far as I know, Prof. Walther Wüst remained the Kurator of the Ahnenerbe until the end of the war, so there should not be somebody else's signature on the above document.

(Edit: Added comparison of the "Amtschef" lines)
    Attached Images Attached Images Strange Ahnenerbe Document 
    Last edited by HPL2008; 12-29-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    23.06.04 is the date of birth of the recipient, so there is no problem with that.

The shaky signature is a good point, though, and there is something else that concerns me:

The duty position appears to be given as "Amtscher". This should be "Amtschef".
    Interestingly, it is this last letter ("f") that was covered by the signature and thus illegible in the Waffen-SS waterfinder document posted in the earlier thread.
    To be honest, it makes me wonder whether the above document was copied from the earlier one by someone who did not know the correct last letter to go in that word.

Apart from that, as far as I know, Prof. Walther Wüst remained the Kurator of the Ahnenerbe until the end of the war, so there should not be somebody else's signature on the above document.
    some good points, my friend got this paper along whit some other things like books, letters, documents and newspapers from an house clearence in berlin, i just ask for him as he is not so firm whit the internet (und er hat keinen computer)

Think your Right HPL, Regarding this is possibly Copy of the document show in the other thread. which has a lot more Detail quality about it.

Think your Right HPL, Regarding this is possibly Copy of the document show in the other thread. which has a lot more Detail quality about it.
    that is a shame that all gets copyd in this world, im just lucky this is not mine and i do not need to be angry about it, thanks for all the oppinions and i will tell him whats on so far

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast