Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Suicide in the aftermath of WWII - WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES

Article about: Here is some powerful pics from the aftermath of WWII

Default Suicide in the aftermath of WWII - WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES

Here is some powerful pics from the aftermath of WWII

WARNING!!! GRAPHIC IMAGES FEATURED THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Suicide in the aftermath of WWII - WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES   Suicide in the aftermath of WWII - WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES  

Suicide in the aftermath of WWII - WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES   Suicide in the aftermath of WWII - WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES  

Suicide in the aftermath of WWII - WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES  
    Last edited by CARL; 08-26-2015 at 12:08 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Suicide in the aftermath of WWII - WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
    P
    Many

?

utter futility of war????????

These are those images of female war photographers and correspondents. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have to check the names.

The pics from the office is taken by Robert Capa.

Default Suicide park bench Wien

Suicide park bench Wien
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Suicide in the aftermath of WWII - WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES  

I don't understand the purpose of this thread.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

The thought behind this thread is simply to make pics from the tragedy of war, whether they are german, russian etc, public if you will.

The first five photographs were taken at the Neues Rathaus [New Town Hall] of Leipizig.

The pictures of the triple suicide show the bodies of the deputy mayor and city treasurer of Leipzig, Kurt Lisso, his wife Renate Stephanie and their daughter Regina, who took poison on 18th April 1945, the day that U.S. troops took the city.
    (They are often misidentified as the mayor Alfred Freyberg and his wife and daughter, who likewise poisoned themselves in a neighboring office.)

The dead Bataillonsführer of the Volkssturm is Walter Dönicke, another Leipzig politician, who killed himself on the same occasion together with two other staff members of the local Volkssturm's Kreisstab [district staff] after the Rathaus had surrendered.

Friedrich-Berthold is right (as always): The photographs were taken by Lee Miller and/or Margaret Bourke-White, who were both at the scene prior to the removal of the bodies.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-26-2015 at 09:25 AM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    These are those images of female war photographers and correspondents. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have to check the names.
    Hello Friedrich in answer to your query I believe you are referring to Lee Miller .

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images Suicide in the aftermath of WWII - WARNING, CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES 

Also, there were huge numbers of KL victims who survived the horror of the camps during the war, but could never re-adjust back into a life of normality at wars end. Having lost loved ones/homes and dignity, the memories of the KL just would not let them find peace, sadly suicide seemed their only rest. The evil policies of the Reich continued to kill for many years after 1945! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast