Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Surrender leaflet dropped on Russian troops

Article about: Russian soldiers were encouraged to surrender to German troops with the promise of good treatment etc. The text is the usual German propaganda about no longer wanting to fight for the Bolshe

Default Surrender leaflet dropped on Russian troops

Russian soldiers were encouraged to surrender to German troops with the promise of good treatment etc. The text is the usual German propaganda about no longer wanting to fight for the Bolsheviks or the Jews....

I was given one of these out of a small quantity which were found under the floorboards of a house in the Ukraine. Many were partly burnt. The paper is poor quality.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Surrender leaflet dropped on Russian troops  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Surrender leaflet dropped on Russian troops
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Surrender leaflet dropped on Russian troops

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Russian soldiers were encouraged to surrender to German troops with the promise of good treatment etc. The text is the usual German propaganda about no longer wanting to fight for the Bolsheviks or the Jews....

I was given one of these out of a small quantity which were found under the floorboards of a house in the Ukraine. Many were partly burnt. The paper is poor quality.

Cheers, Ade.
    But interesting that this one in Ukrainian language!

That is good to know. It fits with where it was found.

Cheers, Ade.

I have several similar leaflets, and they all have burn marks. They must have gotten burned when the bomblet used to drop them went off.

very interesting document Ad !

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    I have several similar leaflets, and they all have burn marks. They must have gotten burned when the bomblet used to drop them went off.
    This is the rust which gave the steel container. I have a lot of them opened myself. 3 option is Rifle propaganda grenade approx 20-50 small size leaflets, then 7.3 Nebelwerfer propaganda shot, approx 100 big leaflets as shown by Ade, and then 10,5 howitzer shell, which contains approx 200 pieces of big leaflets, all time they are a bit or hardly damaged by the rust. But if they are hard damaged, before opening I removing the rust whith acid from the inside container- to prevent the damage of the edges of the leaflets
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Great information Dimas, thank you. You have some great battle grounds there in Estonia, you must have alot of fun.