Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.

Article about: Good evening everyone. I would like to show You some interesting award documentations for soldiers of 6.Kompanie/Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 14 from 5.Panzer Division. Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamf

Default Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.

Good evening everyone.
    I would like to show You some interesting award documentations for soldiers of 6.Kompanie/Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 14 from 5.Panzer Division.
    Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze is awarded on 20.9.1944 to gefreiten Gunther Stache, and I believe it is signed by Oberstleutnant and Regiments Kommandeur Hans-Georg Herzog. But I could be wrong!? At the time the unit was engaged in bloody battles in Lithuania and Kurland Peninsula and took part in operation "Unternehmen Doppelkopf".
    The other award citation is for two! soldiers of the same Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 14: Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen. It's the same man again, Gunther Stache,who on 13.1.1945 is listed as obergrefreiten and the other soldier is unterofizzier Bruno Artel, who recieved two!! Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen at once. The feldpost nummer 39439 is correct, as it belonged to Stab II. Bataillon ( 5.-9.Kompanie ). The signature on this document is unknown to me. Maybe someone can help me out with it??
    These boys must have been good "tank hunters"!
    Hope You will like these documents, nothing rare, but still a very nice piece of history.
    Thanks and best regards,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.   Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.  

Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.   Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.  

Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.   Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.  

Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very nice Peter! Do you have a pair of bronze PAB's to display with them?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice Peter! Do you have a pair of bronze PAB's to display with them?
    Good morning and thanks MAP.
    MAP, the one certificate is for PAB, the other award citation is to two soldiers for Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkämpfer, in shorter version called Panzervernichtungsabzeichen, or in english Tank Destruction Badge. Maybe i was unclear in the first post. One of the soldiers listed got two Panzervernichtungsabzeichen on the same day! and the other one got one (citation for PAB is also his ).
    Yes, I do have both badges, and both are ground dug examples, found/ground dug by myself, the Panzervernichtungsabzeichen has been posted here and before, and there actually was big discussion about it's originality, here You get the links to these threads- Panzervernichtungsabzeichen & unknown badge. Great battlefield find!
    Great battlefield find- Panzervernichtungsabzeichen. - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Best regards,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.   Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen.  

MAP
    ?

You were clear...I just read too quick
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    You were clear...I just read too quick
    It's ok, time after time it happens to me too. Specially when I am reading messages from my wife hahah

I find the Tank hunting groups quite interesting. Thanks for the post

Hello.
    Yes, me too. I am trying to collect full sets- document, badge, envelope/case.
    Regards,
    Peter