Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on this Hitler signature

Article about: Found an ongoing auction for this signed Hitler photo. What are your thoughts?

Default Thoughts on this Hitler signature

Found an ongoing auction for this signed Hitler photo. What are your thoughts?

Hermann Historica is Running the auction from the Live Auctioneers site, for reference.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this Hitler signature
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

From this photo it's near impossible to determine if it is a printed auto pen or actually handwritten.

Here a guide on his signature.

My one question is...would he have dated an autograph? I don't know which is why I'm asking.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Honestly, I’m no expert on the intricacies of his signature, either. I have a general knowledge, but stuff with dates and whatnot, no clue. Tbh, the auction ends in a day or so and you have to be pre-approved, so I think I’ll miss this one anyway.

MAP
    ?

I am not an expert either by any stretch of the imagination.

It may be all well and good, but without seeing it in hand (or really high quality photos) there is no way authenticate.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It looks like a postcard to me, and if so, I would think that it is a facsimile rather than an original. This is a postcard that was sold in Berlin in August 1939 with the same photo as that which you are asking about, but unsigned. It also has the same imprint in the lower left corner as yours, which causes me to believe that the signature is a facsimile. Dwight

While Hitler and others mostly signed documents, they did sign postcards for admirers from time to time. However, a red flag has appeared. You said this card debuted August 1939. So there’s no way he could’ve signed this in 1933.

Salocin: You misunderstood; I did not say the postcard debuted in 1939, I said that the postcard I posted was sold in Berlin in 1939. I do not know when the postcard was first printed, but I do think it was before 1939, very possibly in 1933. Here is the back of the postcard I posted. As you can see, the writer, Gordon Wright, was in Berlin on 22 August 1939, the day before Milós Horthy arrived in Berlin on 23 August 1939. Below is a photo of Hitler and Horthy together on 23 August 1939. In this photo, Hitler looks, to me, to be noticeably older than in the postcards that you and I posted, which leads me to believe that your signed postcard was made earlier. And you are correct when you noted, “While Hitler and others mostly signed documents, they did sign postcards for admirers from time to time.” So, it is possible that his signature on the postcard you posted is genuine. I have no way of knowing that because I am not a handwriting expert. Sorry for the misunderstanding, Dwight

Thoughts on this Hitler signature Thoughts on this Hitler signature
    Last edited by drmessimer; 11-16-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Hitler definitly signed Postcards etc. for his „Fans“.
    Here are some Pictures i own which show him making autographs.

Thoughts on this Hitler signatureThoughts on this Hitler signature

In the second picture, marked in the red cyrcle you can even see something, what looks quite similar to the Postcard show above.

Regards,
    Adravor

A bit strange, as in Germany they don't write their 1s as straight lines "I" but rather with a curved top almost like a slanted seven.. The Autograph itself looks pretty good, and maybe it's just coincidence.. But you never know.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Dwight! Thank you for your informative reply. I’ll take all of the views I can get, given that nobody wants to be burned over a fake. The auction ends November 24, so I’m trying to learn everything I can and hear everyone’s thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast