Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Which unit?

Article about: DSC04825.jpg Hello guys, here are some pictures of the Great Grandfather of my girlfriend. I've got these 3 pictures from het Grandmother. Is there any way to find out which unit he was? I g

?

Default Which unit?

DSC04825.jpg
    Hello guys, here are some pictures of the Great Grandfather of my girlfriend. I've got these 3 pictures from het Grandmother.
    Is there any way to find out which unit he was? I guess it's difficult to say on these pictures cause of the lak of insignia on the uniforms.
    The only sign I can see is what I think the number '3' on the buttons of his tunic.

The only thing I can say is that the only thing my girlfriends Grandmother knows is, that he was transferred from the Wehrmacht to the Kriegsmarine
    because he didn't want to join the NSDAP as member.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Which unit?   Which unit?  

Which unit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which unit?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Which unit?

Is that a "3" on the buttons or is it a KM Anchor? From the looks of the insignia he could Possibly have been in Coastal Artillery in the Kriegsmarine, but,it's not easy to say for sure. Take a look at the tunic in the photo link and see what you think:
    The Collector's Guild
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: Which unit?

The link you gaved me cleared it all out. I tought it was a WH-uniform. But the fact that it's a black-white picture it's not possible to see that it's a KM breasteagle.
    The buttons show an anchor indeed. After good comparison it is all clear now. Also the insigna on the shoulder straps also show an anchor. After comparison that also cleared out for me.
    Picture could been taken around 1935 till 1937 or so.

Thank you very much Wagriff.

Regards,

Kris.