Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown German Document Form

Article about: Hello all, I recently picked up this German document in a lot of items from a 5th Army veteran who served in North Africa and Italy. Part of the lot was this document. I have no idea what it

?

Default Unknown German Document Form

Hello all,

I recently picked up this German document in a lot of items from a 5th Army veteran who served in North Africa and Italy. Part of the lot was this document. I have no idea what it is or what it means. I have attempted to figure it out by typing in random words, but all that has been in vain. not cool

Any help would be very appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown German Document Form   Unknown German Document Form  

Unknown German Document Form   Unknown German Document Form  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown German Document Form
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a medical fitness report to me....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks Pete! I did notice that it had certain diseases listed. But that was all I really could understand.

This form is to be used for the periodical reporting of a military unit's medical casualties, to be filled out by the medical officer in charge. The report was to be submitted in a monthly- or 10-day-interval.

Section I contains the unit's average actual strength.
    The numbers are broken down into officers (column 1), officials (column 2), NCOs and men (column 3), the sum total (column 4) and the number of medical NCOs/men and stretcher bearers included in these figures (column 5).
    Sections II and III also break down the numbers listed therein into these groups.

Section II is for the number of sick and wounded men (more precisely, those who were unfit for duty, but staying with the unit) at the beginning (column 2) and at the end (column 11) of the reporting period and for the number and type of changes to this number during the period.
    Columns 3 to 4 are for new cases. Column 3 lists men who were wounded/sick due to effects of enemy action; column 4 is for all other cases of illness.
    Column 5 lists the number of men who received medical treatment.
    Columns 6 to 9 are for those who had left medical treatment. Column 6 is for those who had returned to duty, column 7 is for deaths (excluding those who had died after being transferred to a military hospital), column 8 is for those who had been taken to military hospitals, 9 is for others and 10 for the sum total of 6 to 9.

Section III is for deaths.
    The number of deaths as listed in section II, column 7 is broken down into a) effects of enemy action, b) accidents, c) suicide (including fatal self-injury), d) illnesses, e) the sum total and f) fatalities from chemical agents included in a).

Section IV is for MIA cases.

Section V specifies the type of illnesses, wounds and injuries of the new cases during the reporting period in detail. They are broken down into disease groups (I through XVIII), most of which are again subdivided into specific sub-categories (of which Ade has provided a list here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/soldb...soldbuchs-796/ )
    For example, the group for veneral diseases (disease group II) breaks down into gonorrhea (sub-category no. 13), syphilis (no. 14) and others (no. 15).
    Another example: The group for injuries and illnesses induced by external effects (disease group XVI) breaks down into injuries and illnesses from the effects of enemy action (no. 31), sunstroke and heatstroke (no. 32), frostbite and hypothermia (no. 33) and injuries from accidents (excluding enemy-induced ones), other war-related injuries and self-inflicted injuries (no. 34).
    Additional information on the injuries in sub-categories no. 31 and 34 is provided in the section on the far right. They are broken down into injuries from a) small-arms fire, b) hand grenades, mortar- and artillery fire, c) burns, d) air-dropped ordnance or aircraft on-board weapons, e) aerial combat, l) tetanus, g) septicaemia and gangrene, h) airplane crashes and i) suicide/suicide attempts and self-inflicted injuries.

The final section is for various kinds of additional information.
    1.a) is for notably increased occurences of infectious diseases and the preventative counter-measures taken; 1.b) is for general remarks on the overal health/sanitary conditions and -measures.
    2.) is for specifics on injuries from chemical agents, which are to broken down into four different categories of agent.
    3.) is for particulars on the cases of other infectious diseases listed under section IV, sub-category no. 12.
    4.) is for cases of altitude sickness included in the cases listed under section IV, sub-category no. 34.
    5.) is for cases of recidivism and secondary diseases included in the cases listed under section IV, sub-category no. 13 and 15 (gonorrhea and various other veneral diseases) and for repeated courses of treatment included in the cases listed under section IV, sub-category no. 14 (syphilis).
    Last edited by HPL2008; 07-07-2015 at 08:51 PM.

HPL got there before me.

I recall the story of a Stabsarzt in Stalingrad who was chastised by his Divisionsarzt after handing in such a report adding "Malnutrition/Starvation" as a cause of death for men in his unit, being told that "Starvation does not exist in the Wehrmacht!" ...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 07-08-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    HPL got there before me.
    Guess you were just going to write the exact same thing, right?

?

Thanks HPL! That was more info than I could have ever found on my own! Very interesting document, sort of funny choice for someone to bring home as a souvenir. I imagine that such documents are quite common, seeing as they were submitted so often.

What a story Glenn! My dad would have told them to eat air pockets, as he did to me and my younger brothers growing up!