Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Value of SS contract of sevice belonging to Hans Weiss

Article about: Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on the value of this document? It is a signed contract between Himmler and Hans Weiss, a knights cross winner and commander of the

Default Value of SS contract of sevice belonging to Hans Weiss

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on the value of this document? It is a signed contract between Himmler and Hans Weiss, a knights cross winner and commander of the schwere SS Tiger Abteilung 102. The document is framed.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value of SS contract of sevice belonging to Hans Weiss
    P
    Many

Default Re: Value of SS contract of sevice belonging to Hans Weiss

Before you can talk price you need to have the signatures authenticated. Have you had anybody that knows what they are talking about check them out?

Corey

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Before you can talk price you need to have the signatures authenticated. Have you had anybody that knows what they are talking about check them out?

Corey
    Yes, there is full documentation on authenticity of the signatures, including documents of transfer and release from the former owner.

Current market value for Himmler's signature I believe is around $900 USD alone. Hans Weiss' signature I have no idea. Here is a website with some Himmler signatures: Military Autographs

Corey

?

The document appears to be a Dienstvertrag , service contract ? Can you post it all in close and the documents showing it's provenance ? The date at the bottom 28/8/1956 !!!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Weiss joined the SS on 1/8/1932 but was not promoted to Officer rank until SS-Untersturmfuhrer: 09.11.1936 , but signed this document as an SS Fuhrer in Okt 1934 at this time he held the rank of SS Oberscharfuhrer !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

I'm sorry, maybe I am missing something, but why would the date be 1956? Maybe when the contract was up? Nice detective work Paul

1956 seems to be a strange date for this document and the area around the punch holes seems to be burn stained, I could be completely wrong there but that's just my observation.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I'm sorry, maybe I am missing something, but why would the date be 1956? Maybe when the contract was up?
    Quote by sandgroper View Post
    1956 seems to be a strange date for this document.
    28 Aug. 1956 is given as the end of the service period signed up for; it is the date of Weiß' 45th birthday. (The contract says it runs until the signatory's 45th birthday and then is automatically extended on a yearly basis unless it is terminated up to 1/4 year before the respective expiration date.)

So, that one is actually not a problem, but...:

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Weiss joined the SS on 1/8/1932 but was not promoted to Officer rank until SS-Untersturmfuhrer: 09.11.1936 , but signed this document as an SS Fuhrer in Okt 1934 at this time he held the rank of SS Oberscharfuhrer !!
    Absolutely right. And that is indeed troubling. The rank is even explicitly given as Untersturmführer on top. Mind you, this is not only wrong for Weiß at the time: On 1 October 1934, this rank was still called Sturmführer; it was only re-designated as Untersturmführer two weeks later on 15 October 1934.

(No, I cannot read all this in the scan above, but a larger scan of this document was on the WAF before, and I have it saved to my computer.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 10-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.

?

Thanks for the clarification Andreas , is this sort of service contract common to that period ?

Certainly the Weiss signature seems to be a nice original and he was in Ellwangen at this time but the rank diffrerence is a bit of an enigma !!

1st July 1916

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast