Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very Small book

Article about: Good morning Forum. I have had the very sad duty to help my wife clear her family home after her Mother passed away at Easter this year. It has been a very upsetting period and we still have

?

Default Very Small book

Good morning Forum. I have had the very sad duty to help my wife clear her family home after her Mother passed away at Easter this year. It has been a very upsetting period and we still have a long way to go sorting through the nearly 80 years of memory's that are in boxes all over my house at the moment.

The other day my wife found this little gem saying that when her and her brother were children they used to look at this book all the time. It is very tattered but seems intact. The pages go from September 15 to September 30 but no date. The front page reads,
    Des Fuhrers Kampf im Osten
    heft 3 warfchau und Das Ende
    Bilddohumente von Heinrich Hoffmann

which, if I'm correct, would make this a souvenir of Operation Barbarossa.

I have not seen this and have had very little time to research it as yet. I would really appreciate any help and information on this little gem so I can pass on to my wife just what she was playing with when a child. There is also some very interesting bank notes in the same plastic sleeve as this but I will try and find the time soon to do the research and post them.

I thank the very knowledgeable collectors here on this forum community for any help you may be able to give for me to pass on. I have a feeling that this item may well be quite rare given the size of it and how easy it would be to loose.

Wilko

Very Small book Very Small book

Very Small book Very Small book

Very Small book

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Small book
    P
    Many

Quote by Wilko View Post
    The other day my wife found this little gem saying that when her and her brother were children they used to look at this book all the time. It is very tattered but seems intact. The pages go from September 15 to September 30 but no date. The front page reads,
    Des Fuhrers Kampf im Osten
    heft 3 warfchau und Das Ende
    Bilddohumente von Heinrich Hoffmann

which, if I'm correct, would make this a souvenir of Operation Barbarossa.
    No, of the Polish Campaign.

This is one of a series of five little booklets published by the Winterhilfswerk for the September 1940 donations drive.

?

Thank you HPL for this valuable information. It is a lovely piece of history. Now i have to find out how it came into the family. I have been researching all morning and have a few leads to look into.
    Wilko

The WhW organization gave out little collectible items for donations. It is actually a collecting area for some folks. The items given out are numerous and diverse. Here are two photos of the small books and pins. NH

Very Small bookVery Small book

?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The WhW organization gave out little collectible items for donations. It is actually a collecting area for some folks. The items given out are numerous and diverse. Here are two photos of the small books and pins. NH

Very Small bookVery Small book
    Thank you Neil for this further infomation, this helps a lot. I will have a better look when back at my pc.
    Wilko