MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?

Article about: WWII German Death Head Totenkopf Ink Stamp | eBay I stumbled upon this item on ebay a couple days ago and I really wanted to get it, the catch is, the seller listed the item as 'original' bu

Default Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?

WWII German Death Head Totenkopf Ink Stamp | eBay

I stumbled upon this item on ebay a couple days ago and I really wanted to get it, the catch is, the seller listed the item as 'original' but after reading numerous threads from other sites about other mass reproduced Waffen SS ink stamps from Poland, I wanted to know wether if this is an original stamp or not. Thanks for your time!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?   Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?

Welcome to the forum, David.

The stamp looks like the dozens of fakes I have seen and held in flea markets in Poland and else where in Eastern countries.

Same SS ink stamp (several different stamps seem to be doing the flea market circuit) and same configuration and condition of the 'worn' wooden stem.

I wouldnt buy it. Most of these are fakes, fakes, fakes.

Hello, keep your money, the seller is a young on ebay, 6 notes.
    Michel

?

Welcome to the forum David,

This is the most common form of replica/fantasy ink stamp. They originate from Poland, with some pieces being made as far back as over 30years ago. Due to this, some will appear naturally aged and catch out unsuspecting collectors. The amount of variations of head stamp is ridiculous, with new variants appearing every other week. The most common will patently be marked "WAFFEN-SS", "SS-Div.Totenkopf", "Oberkommando der Wehrmacht" etc, but they are even made with "Volkswagen Werke" and such markings. The form needs to be noted, to avoid being caught out in the future. Below are some images of other reproduction variants. These have been discussed on the forum before, see thread below.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum-photos...stamps-125025/

Regards,

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?  Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?  Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?  Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?  Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?  Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam? 

You know it is going to be a fake before you even open the thread IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Compare to these genuine examples...

Remember, the period ink stamps were produced in many different forms. Some are large and some are small. The genuine Waffen-SS ink stamp shown below measures only 6cm high, yet other variants can have quite large square bases, depending on the text.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?   Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?  

Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?   Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?  

Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?   Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?  

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    You know it is going to be a fake before you even open the thread IMHO.
    I crossed by fingers hoping it wouldn't be a scam but I guess it it ): I needed the experts from this forum to help me with that :O I wouldn't mind buying a reproduction one, but not for that price! D: Thanks

Thank You guys for helping me! I wouldn't mind buying a reproduction one, but not a reproduction that is lied as 'original' and over priced

Can someone give me a trustful link that sells cheap ink stamp reproductions?

Quote by David Wong View Post
    I crossed by fingers hoping it wouldn't be a scam but I guess it it ): I needed the experts from this forum to help me with that :O I wouldn't mind buying a reproduction one, but not for that price! D: Thanks
    Honestly, you don't even need an expert. Just our search engine or basic knowledge. Happy collecting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast