Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen-SS Feldpost Letter

Article about: Hello chaps, I recently got hold of a few feldpost letters, when they arrived I saw one was stamped Waffen-SS, which was a great suprise. I'm not too familiar with identifying regiments and

Default Waffen-SS Feldpost Letter

Hello chaps, I recently got hold of a few feldpost letters, when they arrived I saw one was stamped Waffen-SS, which was a great suprise.

I'm not too familiar with identifying regiments and what not, so I've included the two stamps in hope that anyone may be able to give a bit more detail? Would be great to find out! The stamp is dated 12th April 1945 and the letter is dated the day before that, the 11th. Thanks a lot!

Here's the letter translated if anyone is interested - nothing too juicy:

"Dear friend,

In my writing, I greet you cordially and hope you have the best of health and wish you the best of health. I hope you too are doing well. You’ll want to approach the people at home differently, but we must not lose heart. I’m glad it’s going good with everything but it quickly ends as everything has a beginning and an end.

Dear friend, write me your address a bit more – readable –, because I only have the ‘money post number’ via your friend Mitzi Krall. – I have that – because I was in Northern France as well, where your brother Lenz is at home. Which is quite comforting for your father, that he still has his company. With my whole heart, I wish that he can stay in his home.

Once again, I’ll wish you good health and all the best. On a happy, healthy reunion at/with Großegger. Again, kind regards to you from your friend Franz.

Please answer soon."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS Feldpost Letter
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen-SS Feldpost Letter

Hi John, good bit of feldpost there, from the last days of the war.

If I were the author I would have been more concerned with teeing up a quiet little hole to go hide in!

I happened upon this website that has a database of feldpost numbers Welcome | Photo-war.com

About halfway down the page you'll see a search feldpost number box.

I can't quite make out the numbers on the envelope but someone else might have more luck.

Default Re: Waffen-SS Feldpost Letter

Hi John, a very good feldpost.
    I like feldposts, they are part of the story of someone.
    Thanks for sharing!

Regards.,

VonRiver