Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen SS Poster

Article about: I know this isn't related to uniforms or insignia, but I thought the SS collectors that congregate here might get a kick out of it. I've always been fascinated by the recruitment posters for

Default Waffen SS Poster

I thought the SS collectors that congregate here might get a kick out of this one. I've always been fascinated by the recruitment posters for the SS, and I think one of these would make a great addition to my growing collection. This particular poster has always been very intriguing to me, and I'm considering purchasing it:

Waffen SS Poster

Here is a period photograph where the poster can be seen hanging on the wall:

Waffen SS Poster

I find this poster fascinating because it really conveys the message that the recruiters and propaganda artists were trying to get across: the proud, handsome Aryan man, gazing stoically into the distance, ready to fight bravely with his brothers for the cause. When looking at this poster, it's easy to see how young men would be eager to join this "elite" group. I think it would make a great addition to my collection because it really speaks to the sense of duty and honor that was generated by the Third Reich propaganda during this militaristic era in history.

This poster was one of the few that actually featured a glossy finish, and there is a blank orange band across the bottom that could be filled in with the address of a given country's recruitment office. So, what do you guys think? Should I go for it?

(NOTE: When I created this thread, I posted it in the "SS Uniforms and Insignia" section of the forum because I didn't realize that there was a separate "Propaganda" section. Thanks for moving it for me, Ade!)
    Last edited by daveward; 02-21-2015 at 11:28 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Poster
    P
    Many

?

Is it Expencive?

Well, "expensive" is a relative term... SS posters are fairly rare, and the price reflects that. However, this particular one, being a bit smaller, is not quite so hard on the pocketbook. I should be able to get this one for under $1000.

and you said you were a poor student...

Haha! Layaway, sir. This one is going to have to go on layaway! With my recent armband purchase, my bank account needs a break... I just want to secure the poster, and then I'm going to take it easy on the militaria acquisitions for a while!

Thats what they all say!

I'm really going to try!!! What about you? Do you have your eye on anything special these days?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Thats what they all say!

Hey Glenn. That's what I tell myself all the time but have yet to do it.
    Dave: Cool poster and I hope you can add it to your collection.

Luke

Quote by daveward View Post
    I'm really going to try!!! What about you? Do you have your eye on anything special these days?
    Yes, my bank account. I have only added an M1895 Pickelhaube 2 weeks ago and an M42 SD is in the post at the moment so basically I'm out of the game!

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Dave: Cool poster and I hope you can add it to your collection.
    Thanks!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Yes, my bank account. I have only added an M1895 Pickelhaube 2 weeks ago and an M42 SD is in the post at the moment so basically I'm out of the game!
    Wow, Glenn, you really went all out, didn't you? Very nice!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast