Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS recrutation poster to ID

Article about: Hi Guys! Annoyed from this ads?   Is it real small poster? Its A3 size. The seller want 200 euro for it... Regards Tom

Default Waffen SS recrutation poster to ID

Hi Guys!
    Is it real small poster? Its A3 size.
    The seller want 200 euro for it...

Regards
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS recrutation poster to ID   Waffen SS recrutation poster to ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS recrutation poster to ID
    P
    Many

For what it's worth, I like it. Really nice imagery! I haven't seen this particular type before though but IF it's a good one I'd say that €200 is very cheap!!! Will be interesting to hear other opinions...

the price sounds odd... a real one would costs a bit more i guess! don't buy until you hear what the guys will tell you!

?

These posters are copied (Third Reich; Hitler Youth - bottom of the page). Personally I would not buy any SS poster unless I was certain I could return it after a close examination (not that I do or could afford to collect such things...). Paper things are so easily copied. There is certainly no way of knowing that the item above it good by looking at the pictures provided. 200 Euros also seems suspiciously low to me for such an iconic SS artifact.

Regards, Philip

I'm guessing most valuable posters, ww2 propaganda or not, have ALL been copied in one way or another... with varying degrees of quality. With that link proof is at least provided that this one's not an exception. I have been a collector of paper goods, mostly related to vintage rocknroll bands, for years myself and, of course, nothing decisive can be said from the photos provided. That said, collectors that specialize in this particular field of collecting would probably know what types of reprints are out there, what paper those are on compared to that of originals and exact dimensions of originals --- that's info that I've learned is invaluable in this field of collecting. Just like in any field, knowledge is power.

Also, as mentioned before, close up photos showing texture and quality of paper stock etc. are crucial... poster should be removed from the clip frame first though.

Maybe someone with an original like this on in their collection could chime in?

Here's a link to an original example --- near halfway down the page. You could possibly contact this person to see what he thinks? Seems to be a collector with a special interest in this type... no dimensions listed but proportions, color and general layout seems to match --- unlike the repro version linked to earlier which has an entirely different crop of the artwork, likely lacking publishing/printers credits at bottom etc.

SS RELICS - WAFFEN-SS TUNICS, SS HEADGEAR, SS POSTERS, SS UNIFORMS, SS INSIGNIA, SS ALLACH PORCELAIN

Image of original shown on said website

I also have to add that even though extra caution is advised when prices for normally higher end items seem too low it's not any reason for an outright dismissal of said item. Bargains are to be had, you just have to make sure that you're armed with the right amount of knowledge

btw. I'm looking at a site showing an original where it would seem that this poster is a lot smaller than A3 --- sure you weren't talking about an approx. A4-A5 size?... the higher the number the smaller it gets.

Any news on this?

Hi, Thanks for help!

It's A3 format. Some better pictures from seller - recrutation in town Posen (now Poznan in Poland) , all address it's correct.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS recrutation poster to ID   Waffen SS recrutation poster to ID  

Any TR militaria coming from Poland is usually a bad sign.
    But we live in hope.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast