Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

War Merit Cross certificate for SS Unterscharführer

Article about: Hi all, Been offered this document for reasonable price, any opinions if it is real? I have my doubts about this one, hope I am wrong As always, any help is very much appreciated! JB

Default War Merit Cross certificate for SS Unterscharführer

Hi all,

Been offered this document for reasonable price, any opinions if it is real? I have my doubts about this one, hope I am wrong

As always, any help is very much appreciated!

JB

War Merit Cross certificate for SS UnterscharführerWar Merit Cross certificate for SS UnterscharführerWar Merit Cross certificate for SS UnterscharführerWar Merit Cross certificate for SS UnterscharführerWar Merit Cross certificate for SS Unterscharführer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Merit Cross certificate for SS Unterscharführer
    P
    Many

You are right to have doubts. I wouldn't touch it.

Yeah very poor, looks like it is a laser printer copy, the swastika at the top and the general appearance of the font/letters is enough to warrant a lit match being taken to it.

Thanks a lot! I have started collecting 3rd Reich items fairly recently and it is amazing how many items are fakes. This hobby requires lots and lots of research but that is actually the fun part

JB

Quote by JBMankinen View Post
    Thanks a lot! I have started collecting 3rd Reich items fairly recently and it is amazing how many items are fakes.
    Especially when it comes to SS-related items. This really is by far the most dangerous field to start collecting in.

Yes it is amazing how much information is out there to help you. And you have come to the correct forum for assistance. I am a relative newcomer too and joining here has helped bring my knowledge along by leaps and bounds.

Have you an idea of which area of militaria you will collect? Or will you be like I was at the beginning and try to buy everything that is going?

Best of luck with your collecting.

Jamie

Just collecting stuff which I like, mainly documents,papers etc. I also collect everything related to Reichsparteitags

It really seems there are so many fake items related to SS. From now on I will get SS items only from reputable dealers. However even that does not necessary guarantee ther authenticity...

JB

"Been offered this document for reasonable price"

How often have we heard that phrase? It should be the first alarm bell that goes off in a collectors head. People who know that they have good rare authentic stuff, rarely sell cheap. On the other hand the guy with 30 other copies in a box at home will be willing to bargain and do deals to shift the stuff.

I agree 100%! However there is always a possibility that seller does not know the value of the item he has...

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Especially when it comes to SS-related items. This really is by far the most dangerous field to start collecting in.
    Can only agree. The quality of the fakes relating to SS citations is now really top notch and I would say that unless you have an absolutely 100%, cast iron, provenance as to where it has come from (i.e. you are buying it directly from the family of the soldier) then it is best to leave alone. It used to be single citations that caught people out but now the fakers are making up entire groupings and they are extremely difficult to tell from the real thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast