Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wedding photo, can you help me?

Article about: Luftwaffe officials Beamte ranks!...

Default Wedding photo, can you help me?

Hi all!

I need information about this photo, It's from a family of mine, I had been visiting my family in Germany and i found this photo, i ask them but the ones that still alive don't have the information about them, there was another brother of the one in the bottom of the photo that fought with the SS but after the war they burnt all the photos of him.

what are these uniform from? Luftwaffe pre war, can anyone tell me inofmation about it, any information would be appreciated?

Thank you very much guys!!
    Wedding photo, can you help me?Wedding photo, can you help me?Wedding photo, can you help me?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wedding photo, can you help me?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Suggest you wait for some people with more knowledge to opine but I will take a stab at it from what I can see on my phone.

In looking at the wedding photo the groom appears to be an Oberleutnant. The man on the left is a Hauptman and the man in the back is a major(?). The groom is wearing a second pattern dagger in the last picture which I think was introduced in 1937 (???). I can't tell the color of the tabs. Maybe black (Pioneer) or blue (medical)??

I can't see the pictures too well on my phone but the "wings" on the tabs appear to be more triangle shaped. Something new for a novice like me.

Lastly the Eagles (on hat and breast) are not the early 1st pattern droop tail.

Hope I'm not too far off and as noted, suggest you wait for feedback from someone with more knowledge.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

in 1st pic he's a stabsfeldwebel possible flak regt.2nd & 3rd pic he's a oberleutnant in I think admin. some jump in rank. 2nd pic oberleutnant, hauptmann and major.all admin.

MAP
    ?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    in 1st pic he's a stabsfeldwebel possible flak regt.2nd & 3rd pic he's a oberleutnant in I think admin. some jump in rank. 2nd pic oberleutnant, hauptmann and major.all admin.
    Harry,

How did you determine it was Admin? Something I'm missing? thanks!

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The rank seen in the first picture is Feldwebel (or Wachtmeister, if in the Flak branch).

The ranks seen in the wedding photograph are for an official [Beamter] with a rank equivalent to an Oberleutnant in case of the groom and for an official with a rank equivalent to a Hauptmann in case of the man on the left. In order to tell their actual rank designations, we would have to know their specialized careers.

The officer in the center of the back row is a Major.

(Officials' collar patches bore triangular pips/stars rather than the wings seen on soldiers' collar patches.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-16-2014 at 07:58 AM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The rank seen in the first picture is Feldwebel (or Wachtmeister, if in the Flak branch).

The ranks seen in the wedding photograph are for an official [Beamter] with a rank equivalent to an Oberleutnant in case of the groom and for an official with a rank equivalent to a Hauptmann in case of the man on the left. In order to tell their actual rank designations, we would have to know their specialized careers.

The officer in the center of the back row is a Major.

(Officials' collar patches bore triangular pips rather than the wings seen on soldiers' collar patches.)
    Thanks for answering my question on the pips vs wings. Learned something new today

Michael

Thank you so much guys!!! Very helpfull info

May i ask what does the luftwaffe admin troops did?

About the ribbons, i can see an iron cross 2° class with swords rigth? And another ribbon with the luftwaffe eagle, plus the sports medal

MAP
    ?

The blue ribbon with the luftwaffe eagle is for the 4 year long service medal. The other one is not the iron cross 2nd class but for the 1939 War Service Cross 2nd Class with swords medal.

The medal is the Reichs Sport Badge (DRL). Appears to be the Bronze version. Deutsches Reichs Sportabzeichen des Deutschen Reichesbundes fuer Leibesuebungen (German National Badge for Physical Training)

Hope this helps!

Michael

Quote by williamsong View Post
    May i ask what does the luftwaffe admin troops did?
    The term "admin troops" is incorrect. These uniformed officials were a group separate from the soldiers. They were a bit of a peculiarity of the German military; in other armies their responsibilities were either held by soldiers or civilian employees/officials.

First of all, it's a common misconception that all officials [Beamte] of the German armed forces were administrative types: Sure, many were administrative officials and as such engaged in payment matters, pensions, general fiscal affairs, record-keeping and archives, procurement, facility management, public affairs etc.

However, there were also judicial, technical, medical, scientific and academic officials of various specialties working in a wide range of highly diverse non-combat/support roles: Courts & legal matters, maintenance & repair, research & development, intelligence, education & training, military sciences, health & safety, security etc. etc.

To give you an idea, here are the Fachrichtungen [occupational specialties] for the Luftwaffe's officials:

• allgemeine Verwaltung (Verwaltungsdienst) [general administration (administrative service)]
    • betriebstechnischer Verwaltungsdienst [operational administrative service]
    • Bauverwaltungsdienst [building/construction-administration service], aka bautechnischer Verwaltungsdienst [building/construction-technical administrative service]
    • Landwirtschaftsdienst [agricultural service]
    • Vermessungsdienst [geographical survey service], later re-designated vermessungstechnischer Verwaltungdienst [geographical survey-technical administrative service]
    • maschinentechnischer Dienst [mechanical-technical service]
    • elektrotechnischer Dienst [electrical-technical service]

• Reichskriegsgericht [national military court]

• Justizdienst [judicial service]

• Bilddienst [photographical service], later re-designated bildtechnischer Dienst [photographical-technical service]
    • Kraftfahrdienst [motor vehicle service]
    • Waffendienst [ordnance service]
    • Waffen- und Munitionsdienst [ordnance- and ammunition service]
    • flugzeugtechnischer Dienst [aircraft-technical service]
    • kartographischer Dienst [cartographic service]
    • lithographischer Dienst [lithographic service]

• Nachrichtendienst [signals service], aka nachrichtentechnischer Dienst [signals-technical service]

• Fachschuldienst [professional school service]
    • Bibliotheksdienst [library service]
    • Medizinaldienst [medical service]
    • Veterinärdienst [veterinary service]
    • Apotheker [pharmacists]
    • Chemiker [chemists]
    • Beamte der kriegswissenschaftlichen Abteilung der Luftwaffe [officials of the military sciences branch of the air force]
    • Psychologen [psychologists], later re-designated as psychologisches Prüfwesen [psychological evaluation service]

• Reichswetterdienst [national meteorological service]

• Wehrgeologischer Dienst [military geological service]

• Reichsflugsicherungsdienst [national flight security service]

• Reichsluftaufsichtsdienst [national air traffic control service]

• handwerklicher Dienst bei Bekleidungsämtern [craftsmen's service with clothing depots]
    • sonstiger handwerklicher Dienst [other craftsmen's services]

• Wehrersatzwesen [military replacement matters]

• Feuerschutzbeamte [fire protection officials]

• Geheime Feldpolizei [secret field police]

• Forstbeamte [forestry officials]

On top of all that, there were three special groups of personnel who had a similiar status to the officials and were largely governed by the same legal regulations, namely the Ingenieurkorps [engineers' corps], the Nautikerkorps [navigators' corps] and the Flugführerkorps [aviators' corps].

I also learnt something new today . The expertise here is exceptional .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast