Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award Document

Article about: Picked up a nice award unit document. Was folded at one time and framed a long time ago based on the brass hardware. Looks nice with my battle flag and helmet in the war room. Wish the soldi

?

Default Wehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Service Document

Picked up a nice service unit document. Was folded at one time and framed a long time ago based on the brass hardware & nails. Looks nice with my battle flag and helmet in the war room. Wish the soldier's life's story would come with these. Given by the Kommandantur Mainz-Wiesbaden in 1939. It is a nice size at 12 1/4 x 16 1/4. The watercolor painting medium they rendered these in is nice and some what like the RAD one I have.

Hope you enjoy!

Rossi

Wehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award DocumentWehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award Document
    Last edited by Rossi; 09-16-2016 at 03:03 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Soldier's 1939 Unit Award Document
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice!!! Really adds to your war room display!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Indeed - looks great alongside the reissue helmet.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Looks like he was unfortunately MIA near Leningrad in 1944

Paul Rau

Nach den uns vorliegenden Informationen ist Paul Rau seit 01.01.1944 vermisst.

In dem Gedenkbuch des Friedhofes Sologubowka haben wir den Namen und die persönlichen Daten des Obengenannten verzeichnet. Sie können gern einen Auszug bei uns bestellen.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass auf einigen Friedhöfen nicht die aktuelle Version ausliegt, somit kann der Name Ihres Angehörigen darin evtl. noch nicht verzeichnet sein.
    Nachname:
    Rau
    Vorname:
    Paul
    Geburtsdatum:
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum:
    Todes-/Vermisstenort:
    Leningrad Gebiet
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I do like these type of award citations. There are a few variations on these so are a good collecting item in their own right.

Signed by Generalmajor Friedrich Meyer. He was the first commanding officer of Pz.Rgt 6.

06.06.1906 Eintritt in das Infanterie-Regiment “Fürst Leopold von Anhalt-Dessau“ (1. Magdeburgisches) Nr. 26, Magdeburg
    1914/ 1918 Adjutant des II. Bataillons des Reserve-Infanterie-Regiments 72 Kompanie-Führer im Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment 72 Adjutant der 14. Reserve-Infanterie-Brigade Adjutant der 7. Reserve-Division
    18.12.1918 im Infanterie-Regiment 26
    01.10.1919 im Reichswehr-Ministerium
    01.10.1920 Etatstelle: 6. (Preußische) Kraftfahr-Abteilung, Münster
    01.02.1922 Kompanie-Chef in der 3. (Preußischen) Kraftfahr-Abteilung, Berlin-Lankwitz
    01.10.1928 im Stab der 3. Division, Berlin
    01.02.1931 Kommandeur der 1. (Preußischen) Kraftfahr-Abteilung, Königsberg
    01.02.1935 Kommandeur des Panzer-Regiments 6, Zossen
    01.02.1938 Kommandant von Mainz-Wiesbaden
    01.04.1943 to 15.01.1944 Feldkommandant (Feldkommandantur 619 ?) und Kampfkommandant in Russland
    15.01.1944 Kommandant in Siebenbürgen

?

Indeed I enjoy it. The award document looks amazing and you gave it a nice spot.

A very nice item.

Do allow me one observation, though: It's really not an award document at all.

This is simply a decorative commemorative certificate stating the time period and duty station of the soldier's active military service.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A very nice item.

Do allow me one observation, though: It's really not an award document at all.

This is simply a decorative commemorative certificate stating the time period and duty station of the soldier's active military service.
    You are correct it is not an award. I should have stated a unit service commemoration or certificate.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

very nice it is too.