Become our sponsor and display your banner here

What is this?

Article about: I was given this yesterday. Is this original, whatever it is? Thank you.

Default What is this?

I was given this yesterday. Is this original, whatever it is?

Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0019.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	257859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0018.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	257860  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0017.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	257861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0016.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	246.5 KB 
ID:	257862  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0015.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	257864  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this?

Looks like a passport, I like it, others could verify though,

?

Original Fremdenpass. Passport that was given by Germans to foreigners/aliens. Quite nice too!

Regards,

Carl

Quote by carltiger View Post
    Original Fremdenpass. Passport that was given by Germans to foreigners/aliens. Quite nice too!

Regards,

Carl

Quote by carltiger View Post

Regards,

Carl
    It looks good yes.... but ALIENS?! That got me laughing my eyes out...!! Thanks though

"Alien" is just another word for "Foreigner" in English. lol

It looks like a nice passport!

As already stated above, it is an Alien's Passport / Certificate of Identity issued to persons not holding German citizenship [= foreigners, stateless persons, and persons with undetermined nationality].

Page 1 shows the holder of the passport to be a Mrs. Minna Janiak, née Pooch, states that the holder does not have German citizenship and lists the passport no. [235/39].

Page 2 lists the usual personal data. Mrs. Janiak was a stateless person. Her occupation is given as "wife". She was born on 6 December 1907 at Silligsdorf [a Western Pomeranian village, called Sielsko in Polish]. Her place of residence was Dahlow in the County Saatzig. Decription is as short, round-faced, with grey-brown eyes, dark blond hair and no special distinguishing marks.

The entries on page 4 state that the document is only valid domestically and will expire on 19th July 1940.

The entries on page 7 certify that the holder has a residence permit for the Reich's territory until 31st Dec. 1939.

The entries on page 4 and 7 were made out by the office of the County Commissioner of the Saatzig County, sealed and signed at Stargard in Pomerania on 20 July 1939.

Thank you very much for that information!

I was wondering when you were going to come to the rescue HP thanks