Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do I have here???

Article about: Got this today, thrown in for free as part of a swap.... Looks a bit dodgy to me, the photo is one cut out of a photo album, and the dot printing on the Hakenkruez seems non period, Then aga

?

Default What do I have here???

Got this today, thrown in for free as part of a swap....

Looks a bit dodgy to me, the photo is one cut out of a photo album, and the dot printing on the Hakenkruez seems non period,

Then again I could be wrong, I dont collect paper items, but a few come my way at times!

Any help would be apprecited
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have here???   What do I have here???  

What do I have here???   What do I have here???  

What do I have here???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do I have here???
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do I have here???

Whack out the microscope on to it Mate

?

Yeh I might do that!!!! It was free so no great loss if it's not real....

?

But I wouldn't know what to look for!!!!! I know the pic is cut from a photo, it came off and there is writing on the back, place the crinkled edge, I would thought a passport type photo would be the norm on something like this

It smells old, I have my polish grandfathers 1929 barbers license and it in similar condition and smells the same....but that doesn't mean much!!!!

It would appear to be a card for a sports accident/injury insurance policy.

Rob

?

Thanks mate,

How lovely to have a TR health insurance card......if its real thst is!!!

?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    It smells old, I have my polish grandfathers 1929 barbers license and it in similar condition and smells the same....but that doesn't mean much!!!!
    Actually AMTG, it can be a good sign. These very distinctive aromas are not easily replicated, if at all. Old papers and books have several different smells. For example, paper derived from ground wood, characterised by the yellow/brown colouration over time, produces the smell of vanillin, a rather pleasant organic compound. This is quite common with old books, documents etc. The oxidation process, which also causes the paper to turn yellow, together with contamination from various microorganisms, results in those familiar old smells that add such rich character to old paper items.

Regards,

Carl

?

Thanks Tiger,
    It certainly has been well kept, having no idea what it was, I just accepted it as a gift and a unusual hopefully period peice!!!!

?

You're welcome AMTG, I believe that many people make the mistake when looking at a document that appears 'too new to be true', but they are out there. A lot can depend on the quality of the original paper. If the mill used chemicals to clean up the lignin, i.e. the stuff that helps trees to stand up, then the paper will have a finer, pale quality that stands the test of time better. It also helps if the item has been kept away from sunlight of course, as this stimulates the colouration process.

Regards,

Carl

?

Thanks again......I have it stored now in one of those plastic sleeves used to hold banknotes, so it will stay protected...an unusual peice of everyday life in the TR

Thinking about it, I have manuals and paperworkfor military snd civil gas masks, and they look brand new

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast