Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think about this gestapo uboat feldpost stamp + tunis feldpost stamp ?

Article about: I was ofered these 2 feldpost stamps. What do you think about them? Fake or real? It i the first stamps i buy to my collection. Attachment 171015 Attachment 171016

?

Default What do you think about this gestapo uboat feldpost stamp + tunis feldpost stamp ?

I was ofered these 2 feldpost stamps. What do you think about them? Fake or real? It i the first stamps i buy to my collection.

Attachment 171015
    Attachment 171016

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think about this gestapo uboat feldpost stamp + tunis feldpost stamp ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: What do you think about this gestapo uboat feldpost stamp + tunis feldpost stamp ?

Iam not sure as i dont know anything abought these BUT do you have a black light?

?

Default Re: What do you think about this gestapo uboat feldpost stamp + tunis feldpost stamp ?

Hi Pammy! As i am a new collector i don't know what "black light" is, please explain it to me if you have time, Cheers mate

These stamps were sold to soldiers as a morale building excerise. So they could show to their friends and families that they were serving in well known units.

I don't like either examples shown as the print quality is poor.

Do a search about blacklights as we have written about these many times.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks ade!

Quote by Monuir View Post
    Hi Pammy! As i am a new collector i don't know what "black light" is, please explain it to me if you have time, Cheers mate
    Monuir check it here if you want to buy one

6" UV Black Light Hand Held Portable w/ Flashlight GLOW - eBay (item 290496482484 end time Feb-02-11 15:30:48 PST)
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Thanks mate!

Such stamps, U-boat original samples, are very rare and good items to have. Ones on covers are a fantastic find. I never saw one yet though.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    These stamps were sold to soldiers as a morale building excerise. So they could show to their friends and families that they were serving in well known units.

I don't like either examples shown as the print quality is poor.

Do a search about blacklights as we have written about these many times.

Cheers, Ade.
    Not for "morale building" but for Feldpost use.

The first one is the so called Hela Uboot Feldpost stamp.
    In early 1945, the German 31st Infantry Division was trapped on the Hel Peninsula, a heavily fortified 35-km long sand bar peninsula of Gdansk (Danzig), Poland.
    Resupply of the Division was accomplished by the sea.
    Beginning in March 1945, the Hela Uboat issue was printed by the Division's mapping unit. It was intended for use on mail transported by U-boats supplying the Division, but due to the fact that surface naval traffic never ceased, the stamps were never used as intended. They can be found used on mail which traveled via surface traffic.

The second one is of the German Tunisia Feldpost.
    In April 1943, Rommel's Afrika Korps began using this stamp on packages sent through the military mail system (Feldpost).
    Each soldier was issued two of the stamps, which covered the cost of postage for a package up to 250 grams.
    Packages from 250-1,000 grams required an additional 20 Pf postage, so this package stamp can also be found (though it is rare!) on piece or cover with the 20 Pf Hitler definitive.

As these stamps were locally printed by the units the quality of them is poor.

Know that both stamps are heavily faked, and for sale on the German Ebay.de, fresh, used with a partial stamper mark, used and stamped on a piece of paper, and used and stamped on a card or letter.

Best regards

Eric-Jan
    “sapientem non urinat in ventum”